Chapter 28

Please vote!

"I NEED TO." Sersha hissed at me cat like. "My world depends on it."

I snagged her back with her arm restraining her. "No you do not. This will only complicate things for the both of you."

"Exactly Sersh!" Madison exclaimed. "You cannot just show up with a fake date just to impress Reuben."

Sersha fought against me before sulking. "He doesn't want to be with me. He doesn't notice me at all other then Sersha the quiet girl." She whined. I stroked her hair reassuringly. Her love life was really starting to mess up.

"Trust me it'll all work out." I said confidently. "A lady like you can't be single for long."

"Mhm. Dennis just admitted he had a crush on you babe. That's good news." Madison added looking pleased at her best friend. "You are a real catch."

"Then why isn't he fucking catching me?" Sersha sighed playing with a red curl. "Is it my face?"

I slapped her face playfully to which she glared. "you have got a beautiful face Sersha. Better then mine."

"Now you are just plain on lying Bryce Weston." She muttered sitting up and crossing her arms. "Forget about Reuben. Tell me about how all your exams went?"

"A breeze." I said as Madison simultaneously.

"Fucked."

"Mine's an in-between really. That math exam was false. We didn't even have the last question in our book." She cried in agony. "I hate life."

"And life hates me." I said solemnly.

"Amen sister." Madison sighed dramatically. "I'm going to get us shirts that say that. We need them."

I nodded taking a bite of my burrito as I watched Sersha's newest painting dry. It was a rainbow reflecting off a the waters under the rays of the sun. It was really beautiful. "Have you guys any thoughts on the upcoming Welton Sports Championship?"

Madison shook her head her dark brown ringlets in braids. "Nope. The girls team never wins. Not in the history of Welton Academy."

I looked shocked at the both of them. "Yeah. I mean the boys always beat us. They are undefeated." Sersha emphasized thoroughly. "Especially with Aaron on their team."

I stand up bracing my hands on my hips. "Not this year they won't because you have Bryce Weston on your team. And this year the girls team is going to kick those boys' asses."

"Nobody even participates. Ever." Madison smiled apologetically at me.

I mulled a thought before grinning widely. "Leave that to me."

"What the fuck is she grinning about?" Sersha whispered.

"I don't fucking know but it seems legit." Madison said back. I rolled my eyes on both of them rubbing my hands together.