Chapter 6

I MUSTER OUT  a laugh nearly dying in the process

I MUSTER OUT  a laugh nearly dying in the process. "Aaron heyyy... Funny seeing you here. What a coincidence am I right? Two people meeting at the same night..." Any signs of amusement were vacuumed away from everyone else's face to Aaron's.

A dangerous glint formed threatening his eyes and my life. "I could certainly put it that way. Then again those spray paint bottles suggest something else."

My eyes turned to saucers as I note the bag it's zipper now rummaged down. Sersha stayed rooted to her spot while Madison swiftly shoved it behind her.

I analyzed my surroundings despite my fast-paced heart.

Aaron was here along with three guys.

All of them wore masks meaning they were hiding just as much as us. But for what...?

I swallowed turning my attention back to him. He'd discarded his mask, so it hung from his neck. "I could say the same as you guys. You all seem to be in the same trouble as us."

An awkward cough that resembled that of an ostrich echoed down. Aaron glared behind his shoulder and looked at me. "You have no proof."

The cough echoed again.

"Are you sure? I'd think the masks after hours does prove my point." I managed.

"It doesn't prove anything. After hours won't get into as much trouble as you three." Aaron smirked.

"Hey," Madison grumbled. "I'm your friend remember?"

"Of course, Madison and Sersha you don't need to worry but Bryce had been nothing but a bitch to me." He drawled at me.

I pursed my lips squaring my shoulders as I walked down the table aisles and towards the boys. I stopped short in front of patched jeans and crossed my arms. "First of all you broke out of your dorms after hours, second you stole from the vending machine, and third you mingled with us."

"That doesn't prove anything." Aaron sighed bored of this conversation. He placed his mask on ready to leave but I quickly turned to the boy behind me.

"Owen." I recognized. He gave me an awkward wave of fingers. "Isn't it a pleasure to make your acquaintance? My, is that spray paint as well?" I pulled the bag from him with a smirk. I hung it from my fingers and turned towards Aaron. "Lying much?"

Owen let out another cough. "We're busted."

Aaron stalked to us his black mask turning to a shadow under the night sky. "We're not."

I rolled my eyes at him as Madison marched to Aaron her short figure didn't tower him, but the scowl did. "Bryce is my best friend, Aaron. You tell on her, and you'll be sorry that you were even born. And you know exactly what I'm capable of." She threatened.

A boy in a crème jacket walked forward cautiously. "I don't think tattling is even necessary. We all are doing the exact same act so blaming each other would lead us all into dispute and blow out."