Chapter 46

|Aaron's POV|

|Aaron's POV|

I DON'T KNOW if we picked Catherine up or the massive pile of suitcases.

I leaned my head against my fingers as we drove with sky a sleek shade of black.

Miles had put on some Christmas shit that he was enjoying while Catherine was on her phone keeping muted. Sometimes I forget she's in the car.

I can't blame her though. I'm as silent as the stars. Miles does the talking for the both of us anyway.

"Damn. It's 11 pm already? You couldn't have booked a sooner flight could you?" Miles sighed. I looked at Catherine from the rear view mirror.

"I chose wisely trust me. Plus nobody asked you to pick me up. I was content getting an Uber."

"Louis rejected that idea."

"Happy wife, happy life huh?" Catherine snorted clicking her manicured mail on the screen. "Did you name the boy yet?"

"No. We haven't been able to decide on a name. We both want it to be special."

Catherine nodded silently. "Just don't pull up a Kardashian. There names are questionable."

I looked up and raised my eyebrows. "Have you heard Elon Musk's newest kid's name?"

Miles chuckled nodding. "Duly noted. Enjoying Christmas so far? It's the first I've had with the family."

I smiled in the unlit vehicle and nodded slowly. It was special. Different for sure. But all my friends are there. And West is there so that's a huge addition in its self.

"God. Don't tell me you are getting hard over my sister already." Catherine muttered as I flipped her off.

She rolled her eyes.

"I am not!" Miles exclaimed. I looked at him curiously. He really was... unique. Perhaps a better glow up since the office confrontation.

I wondered what I would do in the future a lot. And throughout the years my heart has been set on one thing; getting the Mercer industries. I want to run the business. I want to own it and make good use out of it. Evan was out of the question so I was surely at a straight run but the only issue was my father. He was sitting at the other end of the run and I didn't know if giving up was worth it.

Yes, I wanted the business. But I most definitely did not want to face my father. And that made me both a lunatic and a loser.