Chapter 55

YESTERDAY WAS INTENSE but today would be a whole other story

YESTERDAY WAS INTENSE but today would be a whole other story. I swiped my phone from my desk and quickly send a quick text to Catherine, promising to call her soon. She worried and I was pact with stress and anxiousness but there was no need to cater larger to her already erupting troubles.

"I brought you some chocolate cheesecake and stir fry from the cafeteria." Aaron entered the dorm kicking the door behind him. I took the bags from him and kissed his his lips.

"Thanks." I say opening the plastic lid of the cheesecake and forking some into my mouth. The heavenly taste soothes my senses instantly.

As I chew Aaron just gives me a calculating look trying to figure something out. I place a hand over my mouth and ask, "What?"

"You are tense." He examines placing a hand on my back. "When you are anxious or just tense your whole stance shifts. And you become rigid. What's wrong?" I sigh idly scraping some of cheesecake with my fork.

"What isn't wrong?" I mutter nibbling on the ends of the black plastic fork. Aaron just sighs understanding what I mean.

We both were waiting for the process of healing to start but the endurance of pain was still to be met.

We just had to be patient... something neither of us were good at.

"After all of this... I want to go on vacation. With you." Aaron slides his hands around my waist. "Just something before... before that happens and university starts. I just need one last time." I look at him with my lips parted. I had forgotten about our exchange of words.

"I'd love that." I wrap my arms around him and bask in his hug. The scent, heat, muscle of him fitting perfectly against me and comforting more then anything could. He tightened his hold around me as I closed my eyes against his shoulder.

I do not think Aaron Mercer begins to realize just how amazing his hugs really are.

It fascinates me how much of a long way we have come together. The asshole boy with the bitchy girl. Both broken and both utterly lost. And then they found peace in the other. Peace that may have to be detached in the matter of mere months.

Aaron kissed my head. "Do you know you are my favorite person."

I laugh pulling back just a little so I could see his face. "That's amusing."

"I'm serious." He grins. "You are my favorite person out of every human existing and to exist." He kisses the corner of my lips to prove his point.

"Careful you may just make Reuben and Owen jealous." I tease.

Aaron gives me a lop-sided grin. "Trust me they are just aware how much of a favorite you are." I swat his chest and pull back only for him to grab my arm and spin me back to him.

"You are a very dirty minded man." I laugh pointing my finger to his chest.

He lowers his head down to me so our noses are slightly brushing. "Well you aren't exactly a saint in bed either."