Chapter 50

"LOOK WHAT I got

"LOOK WHAT I got." Aaron turns to me as I pack my stuff. I was already so down knowing the goodbyes were coming.

"What?" I asked looking up from my sweater.

He sat down in front of me and played with the chain on his fingers. I looked at the silver pendent that went with it. On it was written:

West's.

"Aww." I touch it. "Congratulations. You've finally become a dog." He frowned at me as I laughed kissing his cheek. "I love it."

"You better." He grunted. "It's for you. And me."

I beam at him and finish packing the rest of my stuff before the bell rang. "That must be grandma!" I excitedly squeal getting up. "I need to pee. Go meet her downstairs." I quickly run to the bathroom and do my business before zipping my fly and running down the steps.

Each step was more airy then the next. My heart was racing so badly I thought I might just drop dead. I could hear her laughter echo through the loud walls.

I walk down and nearly stumble at a skinny woman sitting on our couch. "Bryce?" Grandma turns to me. Her hair was wrapped in a turban. She probably went to travelling again and became obsessed.

"Gee grandma you look skinny. Have you eaten anything?" I laugh as I embrace her tightly. She does the same as my eyes met Catherine who shifted them away.

"Of course I have! Old age really does a lot. Plus I had a whole pot roast when I went to the gambling shed last night." She whispers to me. "Let me tell you those guys are not what they portrayed to be if you know what I mean." I laugh and elbow her.

"And this must be the pretty boyfriend." She smiles at Aaron who walks forward. He extends his hand forward but she does not take it. Aaron looks at me scared.

Grandma turns to me narrowing her eyes. "How's the guy?"

"Amazing."

"Good personality."

"Yes."

"Clean?"

"Yup."

"Mind blowing sex?"

"Check." Aaron goes into a coughing fit to which I ignore.

"Love or lust?" She shoots the question at Aaron.

"Love." He fires back nervously.

My grandma nodded. "I'll see for now. Shake it." She extends her hand and Aaron shakes it wearily. "Sit down, boy." He does and I control myself from laughing.

I look up at Catherine who clears her throat. Louis shoots her eyes at her mouthing something. "I'm going to get water."

I watch her walk off. Weird.