Chapter 26

I WAS ALREADY dressed and showered by six am

I WAS ALREADY dressed and showered by six am. Surprisingly I was alive at this hour of the morning and standing in the party hall Louis had booked.

Men rushed past me with boxes of décor while ladies did the streamer and situated the table with food. Everything was finally starting to take place little by little.

I spotted Catherine fussing over a man who looked like he was about to shit his pants under her gaze as she shouted something about placing the table crookedly. I let her do her job for she was ruthless but immensely reliable.

Louis on the other hand was sitting grumpily on a seat as she narrowed her eyes to slits at everyone. She was sick this morning so I had forced her to sit down. That would explain why I had tied her to her chair.

I noticed every now and then she would try and scoot her chair closer to the hors d'oeuvres trying to piss someone up.

Sighting I looked at my check list and ticked of the streams that had already been hung above our head. They were the colors of blue and purple. A ginormous opaque balloon the size of me hung up with a long tassel that roped around a pole on the stage where Louis and Miles would pull it to reveal the gender.

It looked beautiful. I walked along the glass tiled dance floor where everybody would be dancing or either chit chatting as usual.

"Hey." Aaron snuck up behind me making me jump. He looked extremely tired. His hair was in sweaty strands that hung down his forehead while his black shirt had its sleeves rolled up. He side glanced at me with a smile as he looked around. "I finished installing the last of the light bulbs and fixed Vincent's car."

"You didn't have to do anything but thank you." I reach on my tippy toes and kissed his cheek looking around. "It's finally getting together."

"Yeah." He breathed hooking an arm over my shoulder. "Two more hours then we can get done with this shit."

I chuckled nodding. At ten am the guests would finally start arriving. "Miles will be here in twenty." I said tapping my pen against the check board. The subtle beat kept me focus around this whole whirl wind.

Aaron did not participate in any of the activities deeming them very awkward. I had to agree with him that I had no interest in Louis's fun filled baby clothing hunt or childhood pictures.

"When I have a kid I am never going to be doing this much work really. I mean I'd be excited but one party is enough. I don't need a party to reveal the gender and then another after it comes out." I laughed at his exhaustion but still agreed. Two parties seemed excessive. One was good.

"I'm sure your kid would be very lucky to have a dad like you." I mused. I checked my watch and exhaled. "I need to go back and change and you need a shower."

Aaron arched his eyebrows. "Are you implying I stink?"

I shrugged. "Call it your manly aroma but you cannot deny that looking like sweat at a party is unpleasant."