Chapter 20

Please vote!

LONDON HAD BEEN amazing in the passage between getting into the car and falling dead asleep

Louis had picked me up from the airport with this poster of my name acting like a chauffeur. I thought it'd be entirely awkward when we met but we weren't stiff at all. No we threw ourselves into each other and laughed.

Her house was pretty too. It was a tall white brick Victorian house that looked the same as it's neighbors along side it. I had completely fell in love with the potted ferns and trimmed windows making it look neat and old at the same time. The inside however was all modern. Louis had done a splendid job with the living room that held two tapestries of beige on either side of the fireplace, a large crystal chandelier that shun at night, a wooden coffee table that was encircled with an assortment of three tufted chairs and plants.

I stayed in one of the guest rooms sleeping under the warm blanket until a soft knock on my door echoed.

Moaning in to my pillow I chose to ignore it. That's really just my trademark at this point.

The door opened and scruffs of socks on the wooden paneled floor board reach to me.

"Bryce come on wake up." Louis whined. "You've been asleep for half a day. It's nearly noon."

I rubbed my eyes with a scowl and sit up on the bed glaring at Louis.

"I thought we could go outside to a café for fun." Louis murmured gesturing to her white coat and beige top that was tucked in jeans. It made her three month pregnant belly even more prominent.

"Fine." I huffed throwing the blanket off of me. Louis would carry me to the car if I said no and in her pregnant state I would not want her to come in any harm. Especially since her hormones were at the stage of getting vivid. "But I'm paying."

"Excuse me? No way." She exclaimed side stepping me and crossing her arms. "You gave me worth 200 dollar presents for my birthday. And you're in my house which means I pay." I rolled my eyes at her stern voice. She reminded me of my mom sometimes.

"You really are pregnant." I muttered getting an outfit out of the closet and rushing to the glass stalled bathroom.

"I heard that!" She called after me to which I chuckled locking the door. I stripped and immediately stepped into the marble cut bathroom. Leave it to Louis to get an expensive house. Honestly I felt my calling here too. Like I was home. I don't know maybe it's my fantasy but I really enjoyed it here. Especially the interior and exterior designing of this place.

Basking in the hot water for a while I pulled out half heartedly and worked my way into my clothes which consisted of white knitted sweater, off white jeans and a plaid throw on coat. I didn't bother with my hair and left it open thinking just how much Reuben's style would thrive here.