⤷ 4

"are you okay?" inata stroked my head worriedly. the girls had decided to take me home after what happened with takashi.

"everything's okay, i'm just tired" i breathed softly.

"i think i'll let you sleep now. call me if anything happens" hinata gave me another look, then walked out of the room.

the vibrating of my phone later woke me up. i sleepily blinked, rubbed my eyes before staring at the display and seeing that the message was from takeru.

dinner, get up

my family was already sitting at the table, eating.

a few minutes passed and we all ate in silence, everyone seemed to be preoccupied with their own thoughts, so i wandered off too.

"whose jacket was it?" the piece of meat fell off the spoon as i winced. my mother looked at me curiously.

"what kind of jacket?" was takeru suddenly all ears.

"from a friend" i mumbled, spearing a bean.

"looked like a boys jacket to me though. tell me, y/n, do you have a boyfriend?"

"oh god, no"

"what kind of jacket is it?" asked takeru suspiciously.

"a black jacket, nothing special. can we change the subject please?"

"let y/n have her little secrets, alright? really delicious stew my darling" my dad gave my mother a smile and i breathed a sigh of relief.

after dinner, my brother disappeared upstairs to take a shower and my parents said goodbye to us; they were going out tonight. i was the only one left in the kitchen, loading the dishwasher.

when i finished and was about to turn off the lights, my eyes fell on takeru's phone, which was lying on the kitchen table.

should i go through his messages? maybe i would find out what he had to do with takashi.

carefully, i went to the table and unlocked his phone. i went through his messages twice and couldn't find takashi, the last messages were his friends i knew and another one named "suya"

'maybe he doesn't have the number' i thought and was about to put his phone back when it hit me.

suya.

suya.

mitsuya?

it was worth a try, so i opened the conversation;

"i need drugs. please. i can't take it anymore. i'll pay you everything by next wednesday" takeru had written.

my mouth was open. he took drugs? my brother?

i scrolled further to read the answer

"okay. you'll have it by tonight. look for a black jacket"

what? he smuggled drugs into this house with my help?

i threw the phone back on the table, rushed upstairs to my room. i searched the jacket several times, was even about to give up when i felt a small bag in the left inside pocket.

my hands felt numb as i looked at the small packet lying on my palm.

takashi. why was i surprised that he had something to do with drugs? it was obvious.

in that moment, the door opened and takeru looked at me in shock.

"you're taking drugs?" i screamed, completely upset.

"why do you care, y/n? otherwise you don't care about what's going on in my life too so stay out of it, it's not your business."

"yes it is my business! my own brother is a drug addict, oh my god"

"give me the drugs" takeru tried to snatch it out of my hand, but i evaded his grip.

"no"

"i'm an adult, y/n. i can decide for myself what is good for me and what is not"

"i care about you, don't you understand? let me help you. please"

"i don't need your help, y/n"

"you sure do" and with that i hurried into the bathroom. takeru followed me, but i was faster. as fast as i could, i opened the door and
threw the package into the toilet.

my brother took drugs. and takashi was his dealer.

i hope this chapter won't scare you away because of the mentioned drugs

i hope this chapter won't scare you away because of the mentioned drugs. they won't have a big role for the rest of the story so please don't think it's all about drugs or something like that. this story means so much more and i have many ideas and plans so be ready! i love you guys !! and now back to the story