⤷ 39

the pov's will change in this chapter more than just once, i apologize. <3 happy reading!

"get up, let's go"

"get up, let's go"

i sat up exhausted. "where to?"

"the catabombs are waiting for us!" she looked happy, i shook my head shakily.

"no, i'm not going there at all."

"and why not?," my best friend looked at me disappointed "we even have a private guide!"

i looked up tiredly and smiled when i saw the guide. he was standing next to emma, i hadn't noticed him until now.

"hi, i'm kakucho" he looked a little nervous and glanced at emma every now and then.

"so you know something about catacombs, huh?"

"i know quite a bit about paris. and going with you and showing you the sights," he smiled "seems like a better alternative than going to museums with my parents."

emma beamed at me. "so what do you think?"

"well," i cleared my throat, got out of bed "give me twenty minutes then i'll be ready"

the catacombs weren't as bad as i expected.

kakuchi was a smart boy; he told us everything about paris. well, not everything, but a big part of it anyway.

i was happy when we finally stepped out into the sunlight again and kakucho asked us if we wanted an ice cream.

so we went to a nice little french ice cream parlor in a quieter and more secluded part of town.

kakucho insisted on paying for emma's sundae, offered to take mine as well, but i declined with thanks; i wanted emma to feel special.

and she did.

every now and then i felt like she forgot about my presence and i used that time to think about my boyfriend. calling him boyfriend always put a smile on my face and i took the necklace with the ring in my hand lost in thoughts as i thought about takashi - turning the ring around so that the sunlight reflected in it.

"that's a pretty necklace."

i looked up to see kakucho looking at the ring, let it fall back. "yes, isn't it? my brother gave it to me" i lied, munching on my ice cream.

after a good two hours, we decided to return to the hotel.

"why are you so dismissive?" emma asked, jogging beside me on the way to dinner.

"sorry, i'm just tired" and that wasn't even a lie. i was so exhausted that i had gone to take a shower right before dinner and just let emma's babbling pass me by.