⤷ 38

i felt takashi's hands on my bare back, felt his warm fingers run down my spine and got goosebumps from the cold metal of his rings. my fingertip went from one intricate tattoo to the next while the warmth of his hands enveloped my hips and his hot breath brushed the back of my neck.

"y/n!," i pulled up startled, sitting up straight. "turn off your phone, we're landing in a few minutes"

i sat back down, obeying emma. exhausted, i leaned back in my seat and closed my eyes. it had only been several hours since i said goodbye to takashi, and yet it felt like weeks.

a smile graced my lips and i closed my eyes. i would never forget last night.

the ring he had given me last night now hung on a silver chain around my neck, my hands clasping the cool metal.

my eyes shot open with a jolt as a loud commotion broke out around me.

i sighed - i always found people clapping as the plane landed annoying. almost as annoying as the long wait for my suitcase at baggage claim. i leaned exhausted against a pillar while emma, her parents and i waited for our bags.

"welcome to france," emma squeaked, pinching my side. i gave her a weak smile, then sank back into my own thoughts.

i wonder where takashi is now?

TAKASHI'S POV

"finally. i thought you weren't coming" the way chifuyu was grumbling made me doubt the fact that he was badly hurt.

"shut up"

chifuyu grabbed his heart. "ah, i feel the love"

i laughed, sat down next to his bed and leaned back in my chair.

"what are you doing here anyway?

"i came to save my best friend from being killed by a psychotic drug dealer"

"oh, and you're not a psychotic drug dealer?" grinned chifuyu. "good you're here, takashi"

"i didn't want to leave you alone" i explained, reaching for the water bottle that was on his nightstand.

"are you having stress with y/n?" he frowned.

"no, dude," i laughed "tell me, when are you getting out of here?"

"in about two days they'll let me go home. but have to come back for a weekly checkup," chifuyu rolled his eyes. "that's bullshit. i don't need that."

i laughed. "yeah, all right, you're a tough guy."

"tougher than you anyway"

i clasped my hands together, sighing "you're such an idiot"

"hey," chifuyu frowned "where did your ring go?"

"what ring?"

"the ring you got when you started working for hanma"

he raised his hand and pointed to the jewelry on his ring finger, which looked so much like mine.

"lost it"

"you don't just lose something like that, takashi," chifuyu hissed, narrowing his eyes "where is the ring?"

"y/n has it"

"are you stupid? it's going to put her in danger. and you first!"

"don't make a drama out of it, okay? there are countless rings that look like this"