⤷ 18

if there was one thing i didn't expect, it was this.

"name?" the policeman grumbled when we arrived at the car and pulled out a device.

"y/l/n..."

"y/l/n... what else?"

"y/n" i whispered.

he frowned and typed in my name.

"y/n?" i cringed as i recognized the voice, and i turned around.

my uncle, in full police uniform, just dragged takashi out of the basement and looked my way.

"hey! can you please tell them i didn't do anything?" i begged my uncle.

he ignored me though, now stood in front of takashi and began to interrogate him.

"name?"

"what's it to you?" growled takashi somberly, giving my uncle a nasty look.

"listen buddy, i don't really want to get physical. you guys are causing me enough problems in tokyo. so, name?"

"hey! he didn't do anything!" i said, looking pleadingly at my uncle, who was now looking at me seriously,

"what are you doing here y/n? i know you and i know you don't hang out with these people."

"please don't tell mom and dad" i mumbled softly and my uncle sighed.

"y/n, i'm sorry. i'm on duty here, i can't afford to make special requests. you'll all have to come with me to the station. at least the ones that have been packed"

i don't know what was worse; the fear of the consequences or the fear of my parents.

━━━━ ⌜ 伏黒恵 ⌟ ━━━━

"you can go"

"wait, what about him?" i asked my uncle incredulously, pointing at takashi.

"i guess we'll have to keep him here for a while."

"why?" i got a little louder now and my uncle sat down across from us, sighing, "as long as he refuses to give up information, he can't leave."

"you guys can't just keep him here!" i said, trying to stay calm.

"calm down, y/n" takashi whispered and i stared straight ahead.

how could he stay so calm? we were at the police station and he was about to be locked up.

"you can go home now, y/n," my uncle said in a calm voice.

"i'm not leaving without him"

"yes you are, y/n" now takashi growled.

i turned to my uncle for a moment, "can you... leave us alone for a moment? please?" i asked pleadingly.

he nodded slowly, stood up and went to the door. "make it short though."

i answered in the affirmative and waited until he was outside before i got up, rushed to the door, closed it and went back to takashi.

"what's wrong with you anyway?"

takashi shook his head and smiled. "you don't need to protect me."

"oh no? so you can save yourself? you're just well on your way to sliding into the biggest shit, and to be honest an arrest is the last fucking thing you need right now - what's so funny?" i hissed as takashi began to cough softly and then grinned.

"wow, that was something"

i rolled my eyes, "be serious for once"

"i am"

"is it my fault we're here now?" i finally asked quietly.

"believe me, i've been in unpleasant situations before, i'll get out of this alive" he winked at me and i looked him up and down until something caught my eye.

"where," i lowered my voice, "is your jacket?"

takashi smiled at me victoriously. "come closer," he breathed, and i took a few steps towards him.

"a little closer" takashi whispered hoarsely as i leaned over him, down so low that our faces were only inches apart.

"a little more" he smirked, then stretched so that his lips almost touched my ear. "it's where no one can find it. now go."

"take care of yourself" i muttered.

takashi laughed hoarsely, and his warm breath gently brushed my cheeks as he did so. "i always do."

"good" i whispered and paused.

his eyes sparkled in surprise as i hesitantly leaned down to him and closed the small gap between our lips.

his warm breath brushed against my lower lip as he opened his mouth slightly and i deepened the kiss.

the emotional chaos inside me felt incredible. as his soft lips nestled around mine, a ball of anger, despair, love, passion and fear clenched in my belly. i don't know how long we kissed, but we immediately pulled apart when the door opened.

"see you around, y/n. i'll be in touch," takashi whispered.

against my will, a lump formed in my throat, and a single tear ran down my cheek as i stood in the hallway and the door was thrown shut in front of me.