⤷ 13

friday evening came loser and closer, and so did my "date" with takashi.

that evening i was in my room.

i groaned and wondered what takashi would define as "nice" when the doorbell rang.

i looked at the clock, startled, and realized that takashi wouldn't be here for another half hour. strange. i slowly walked down the stairs and carefully opened the door, and when it was open even a crack, smoke floated towards me and i started coughing.

"sorry" breathed takashi, stubbing out the cigarette in the flowerpot that stood next to the door.

"you're early" i said softly.

he grinned smugly. "i know. nice outfit" he said, looking down at me with a grin.

i blushed and pulled the sleeves of my white bathrobe a little further forward.

"can i come in?" takashi asked with a seductive smile and took a step closer.

"yes"

"thank you" he said in a soft voice, stepping inside and closing the door behind him.

"where are we going?"

"why are you so curious?," takashi laughed softly. "come" he said and grabbed my hand to pull me along with him.

after about ten minutes we were standing in front of a run-down restaurant. loud music was blaring as we pushed open the door. the place was full, smoke was in the air and it was very, very loud.

takashi grinned and led me to a table. it wasn't long before a waiter appeared at our table and pulled out a notepad.

"what can i get you to drink?"

i looked at takashi, and he calmly looked back.

"1 beer, 1 coke" he said in a soft voice.

the waiter wrote down the order and put the menu card on the table and left.

a beer? with dinner? yes, he was different.

"i don't like alcohol" i said.

"but i do"

i pressed my lips together and stared at him grimly.

takashi looked back challengingly, propped his elbows on the table, and folded his hands under his comms.

after about a minute, i gave up.

"do you come here often?" i asked.

takashi leaned back and crossed his arms.

"every now and then."

i nodded and takashi watched me with amusement and his gaze made my heart beat faster. his eyes sparkled and scanned me from top to bottom, but our eye contact was broken in the end by the waiter, who put the beer down in front of us with a bang and looked at us.

"have you guys decided yet?"

i looked at the untouched menu in front of me and blushed. i quickly grabbed the menu and ordered the first thing that caught my eye.

"the spaghetti please" i mumbled and flipped the card closed again.

"for me too" takashi smiled at the waiter.

he wrote down the orders, took the cards and disappeared again.

i cleared my throat to break the awkward silence, and was glad when a voice sounded next to us.

"yo, mitsuya! hello y/n. good to see you again" draken said casually.

"likewise" i smiled. i liked takashi's friends, so far everyone i met definitely seemed nice.

"may i sit down?"

i nodded before takashi could open his mouth, and draken sat down next to me.

the two boys were talking when a little later the waiter appeared at our table and set the food down in front of us.

takashi, who was still talking to draken, grabbed a fork and began to eat. i did the same and listened intently to their conversation.

"what are you doing here?" takashi asked with his mouth full.

"going out" draken winked at me and smiled.

"by yourself?" takashi echoed.

draken shook his head, "mikey, takemichi and the others will be here soon. we don't want to disturb you though."

"oh, it's fine. are baji and chifuyu coming too? i need to talk to them anyway"

"yes, everyone will be there. you can join us after your date," he said, looking outside "i'm going to have a quick smoke."

"wait," i said frantically, and draken looked at me confused.

"can i come with you? i don't feel so good, fresh air would do me good"

takashi looked at me for a long time and i looked back apologetically.

"well, come on then," said draken, and i stood up.

when we finally stood outside, i first took a deep breath.

"so..you and takashi?" draken said and smiled.

i blushed and didn't really know what to say.

"do you like him?"

"he..is nice" i mumbled.

"nice?," he grinned "how much do you like him, y/n?"

"what do you mean?"

"takashi is a closed person. believe me. once you get to know him better, he becomes indispensable and means a lot to you. he's one of my best friends. he has a good heart, really," draken smiled encouragingly at me. "so, how much do you like him?"

"i..have feelings for him," i mumbled honestly.

oh god.

"that's sweet. takashi seems happier since he's known you," draken said "oh, he'd kill me if he knew i told you that."

my heart was beating like crazy and i tried to hide how much his words touched me.

draken looked over at the door and continued to speak "he can be pretty scary, can't he? especially to girls like you. but y/n, i can see how much you mean to him. i can see it in his eyes when he talks about you, or the way he looks at you and it's not just me saying that, it's what all our boys say. and believe me, we've seen him look at girls a lot.

but it's different with you. it seems like he really feels something for you. even though it might not seem like it, just, don't push him away from you, y/n."