⤷ 31

yuzuha laughed nervously and emma whispered in a fear-filled voice. "that's not funny."

"i'm not kidding" sanzu turned to us, his face white as a sheet. he waved the girls closer, but i remained rooted to the spot. my stomach turned inside out, my hands began to tremble nervously.

hinata let out a startled cry as she looked down in the light of the flashlight, then ran to me and hid her face against my shoulder.

"don't go"

we were all frozen in place when a shaky, hoarse voice uttered the sentence. the voice came from the basement, but it wasn't the sound of the voice that made me shiver.

it was the realization that i knew the voice.

takashi.

"we have to get out of here. come on, y/n" hinata grabbed me roughly by the arm, i followed her, completely dazed as i realized what she was doing.

"no!," i shouted, but the others, who had already slammed the trapdoor shut and were following hinata, forced me to keep going. "i have to go back, guys," i affirmed as we walked with quick steps through the dark back to the party, but hinata shook her head.

"are you insane?"

"hinata, you don't understand! i have to turn back!" i cried desperately, resisting her grip, but sanzu grabbed me roughly and lifted me up.

"let go of me!" i screamed, boxing him in every place i could reach, but he ignored me as if i wasn't there.

after a few minutes i finally gave up screaming and let myself fall back into sanzu's arms, breathing heavily.

takashi was down there. i was 100% sure of it.

i closed my eyes, trying to suppress the shudder. the sound of his voice - weak, powerless, still lingered in my ears, forcing me to think about what had happened.

i had to get to him - and i had an idea.

"guys, i can't do this," i whispered as sanzu finally set me down on the soft forest floor "i just can't"

i turned my eyes to everyone and couldn't help but lie as i spoke "i want to go home"

but in reality i'm going to get you out of there takashi, dont worry.

TAKASHI'S POV

fantastic. i cursed, screamed, and slammed the back of my hand repeatedly against the stone wall in anger as the trapdoor slammed shut again.

"you'll never get out of here alive, mitsuya" i whispered to myself, licking my lips nervously. the warm blood pouring from the reopened wounds on my ankle dripped down the back of my hand, leaving a dark stain on the floor.

"who said that?"

i squinted as the light from a flashlight blinded me. i hadn't noticed the door had been opened again.

"you look like shit, dude," the light wobbled and the steps creaked as he descended to me.

i had to grin, "would you please be so kind as to shine the light somewhere else?"

he directed the light beam somewhere else and as he stood in front of me, chifuyu grinned down at me "man, we were all so worried about you"

"thanks, man. is there any way you can get me out of here?"