⤷ 25

"your wish?" asked an overpainted blonde with a put-on smile as i stormed into the clothing store soaking wet. i was sure my shoes had left a muddy trail and the blonde didn't look like she would be very pleased.

she wrinkled her nose barely noticeably as she looked at the floor behind me while i sighed.

"i need a bridesmaid dress."

"back there" she said boredly and pointed to the back of the store as i nodded "thanks"

as i walked into the department i thought about what a bad waitress the blonde was and began to peruse the stalls.

"i like this one" i winced as a warm body snuggled against me and a hand adorned with rings reached forward to grab the cream fabric of a dress.

"how did you know where i was?" i asked with a soft smile, turning around.

takashi was wearing a black leather jacket and he had the hood up on the sweater he was wearing underneath. "saw you on the street, you were struggling with the umbrella" he grinned, leaning down to kiss me.

i stood on my tiptoes so that our faces were only a few inches apart and sighed. "don't laugh at me."

our lips touched briefly and takashi's hand grabbed my wrist while he raised an eyebrow as he felt my pulse. "nervous?"

i shook my head and he grinned.

"isn't it risky for you to walk around town? they might see you" i said pulling out the cream colored dress.

"believe me, i'm pretty sure the last place you'd suspect a dealer is a fancy dress store"

"you're right" i muttered, checking the size of the dress with one hand as my other hand was still wrapped around takashi's.

"what do you need that for anyway?" he asked hoarsely.

"my aunt is getting married tomorrow, and i need a dress."

hand in hand, we walked to the dressing room. shortly after, i let go of his hand as i moved the curtain aside and entered.

just as i was about to close the curtain, takashi intervened, scurrying in to me.

"what?" he asked as i stared at him.

"i.. want to change" i stuttered and he sat down on the chair in the corner of the spacious changing room.

takashi laughed. "so what?"

"oh, takashi..."

"can't i look?" he winked at me and i blushed.

"i've seen you in your underwear too, y/n" he grinned.

i sighed, turned my back to him, and slipped my sweater over my head. i quickly took the dress off the hook as i peeled myself out of my jeans, and unzipped it to get into it.

"will you give me a hand?" i sighed as i realized i couldn't get the zipper closed on my own, which made takashi jump up willingly.

"turn around to me" he ordered and i obeyed.

takashi put his arms around my waist and reached for the zipper on my back. i was snuggled close to his chest as he slowly brought the fastener up my spine. my breath quickened when i felt his lips on my forehead shortly after. "who will accompany you?"

"you could consider takeru as my accompany," i said softly, and takashi broke away from me.

"takeru?," he asked, looking at me in confusion. "isn't he in rehab?"

"yes, but he was allowed to go home for the weekend because of the wedding. my aunt is very close with him," i explained before spinning around with a flourish. "what do you think?"

"looks pretty," takashi said, raising an eyebrow and smiling at me before pulling me close again.

"you know, it would be nice if you could come too" i looked sadly and takashi snorted.

"can you really imagine me in a suit?"

"would look good" i said tersely, stroking the fabric of the dress i held flat in my arms.

after paying for the dress, walking to the door with the big bag in my hand and takashi by my side, i spied his black car through the glassed wall.

"do you need a ride?" his crooked smile froze me for a moment, but i nodded slowly.

"i guess so" i cocked the umbrella, held it tightly, so the wind wouldn't rip it out of my hand as we jogged to the car together with takashi.

i yanked open the door, tossed the bag of clothes into the back seat, and slid into the black leather seat. the engine purred as takashi turned the ignition key, and when he had adjusted the windshield wipers, he carefully pulled out of the parking lot.

as we turned a corner, i suddenly had a strange feeling. something was different. i looked around, but the rainy streets looked the same as they always do when there's a storm in tokyo.

finally, when a garbage can that was standing by the street fell over and rolled onto the road, my muscles tensed. takashi avoided the can with a deft maneuver and drove on as if nothing had happened. his face showed no movement, but when he saw my expression, he put his hand on my thigh.

"you seem so tense,"

i smiled slightly. "but i'm not" even though it may sound stupid, his hand on my knee calmed me down a bit.

there was nothing to worry about, i thought, until i looked in the rearview mirror and my heart stopped. my muscles tightened when i recognized the car that was driving behind us.

the person behind the wheel looked at me as i craned my neck back to make sure it was him. i flinched as he stepped on the gas and the distance between his car and takashi's grew smaller.

takashi noticed this, released his hand from my knee and stepped all the way down on the gas pedal - but the car stayed on us like a magnet.

"who is it?" takashi asked harshly as we turned into a side street while he shifted up a gear. the car jerked extremely and i closed my eyes briefly to suppress the nausea rising inside me.

"who is it?" hissed takashi again, glancing in the rearview mirror, and his lips twisted into a wicked grin as he turned his gaze back to the road.

the screech of tires was unbearable as the other car braked and a dull thud was heard as the wall stopped him. the crunch of the fender bending made me goosebump and shock paralyzed me.

on the sidelines, i saw takashi get out and light a cigarette. after taking a drag, he came over to hold the door open for me.

takashi pulled me out of the car by the hand, pulling me into a tight hug. the rain felt ice cold on my skin as we stopped and watched the other car. a loud bang was heard as the car door slammed shut - and a curse.

"you fucking asshole!"

when i heard his voice, it felt painful. guilt and fear - both welled up inside me when i lifted my head and looked into his eyes.

those eyes.. they were the same color as mine. what did i look like in his eyes now? like a traitor? like someone who had betrayed him?

i could see that he was disappointed.

takashi's laugh made me wince and he pulled me into an even tighter embrace with his arm, so that i was leaning against his chest and could breathe in his scent. he took another drag of his cigarette and exhaled the smoke. "why? why am i an asshole? because i got away with it," takashi smiled provocatively. "or because your sister is on my side?"

takeru.