⤷ 36

after 20 minutes of driving we arrived in front of the hospital, takashi parked the car and i felt his whole body tense up, then reached for his hand.

"hey"

takashi looked up. if i hadn't known better, i would have thought at that moment that he was just a normal boy. he didn't look intimidating and mysterious like he usually did. the danger of being seen here was too great for him to look like he usually did. and yet; the certain look that only he could have was there. he was wearing a hoodie that covered his tattoos, as well as my brother's jeans and shoes. while i eyed him, he looked at me with clear eyes.

"i'm with you" i whispered, he nodded briefly.

we got out of the car and entered the building hand in hand. when i checked in at the reception, takashi stopped a few meters behind me - the lady behind the counter eyed him suspiciously, but then told us to go to chifuyu.

room 503 was on the fifth floor. we were alone in the elevator, and i saw takashi leaning nervously against the wall.

"everything okay with you?"

he smiled wryly. "of course."

the elevator doors slid open, room 503 was close to the elevator and as we stood in front of it i stayed back. "you go in first"

takashi opened the door, chifuyu's sight made me smile - he was lying on the bed, hands folded over his chest, staring at the ceiling.

it was already obvious that he was feeling better.

"chifuyu" takashi whispered hoarsely as he entered,

chifuyu turned his head "takashi" his voice was weak but his face was filled with a smile when he saw his best friend.

"shit, chifuyu! i was so worried" takashi knelt down.

"don't be a wimp, mitsuya," chifuyu rolled his eyes with a grin, "you're almost starting to cry."

"asshole"

"love you too"

i was still standing at the door giggling, trying to be inconspicuous, but chifuyu had already heard me.

chifuyu looked over at me "hey life saver"

it became quiet in the room.

only the beeping of the machine could be heard, as well as his soft, heavy breathing. his lips twisted into a smile, "why don't you come here? so shy?"

i walked over to the hospital bed on wobbly legs, kneeling down next to takashi. chifuyu was still smiling and raised his hand to stroke my hair. "thank you, y/n. i would have died out there without you."

i turned bright red. takashi stared at me and i cleared my throat "that goes without saying"

chifuyu smiled at me again, then turned to takashi. "can we talk alone for a moment?"

TAKASHI'S POV

"you can't imagine how scared i am, takashi," chifuyu's voice trembled, i buried my face in my hands. "it sucks to be tied to a hospital bed and not be able to defend yourself. hanma could barge in and kill me at any moment."

"y/n's uncle went after him. he's pretty much behind bars. don't worry about it"

"don't worry?" chifuyu's voice jumped up an octave. he laboriously pulled open the drawer of his nightstand, grabbed a "get well soon" card, and held it under my nose.