⤷ 22

FLASHBACK

TAKASHI'S POV

"oh, look who's back," chifuyu mocked, tossing his keys in the air and casually catching them again with a casual wave of his hand. when he reached me, he nodded at the bike. "how far along are you?"

"almost done," i mumbled and stood up from the rolling board.

"good," chifuyu paused and eyed me. "y/n would envy me. sweaty, motor oil smeared all over your skin, you look sexy," he teased me and laughed. "when are you going to tell her?"

"tell her what?"

"that you love her"

"shut up"

"why? can't you handle the truth?"

"don't talk about things you know nothing about, chifuyu" i said sharply as i walked past him back to my apartment.

chifuyu followed me into the kitchen and exhaled deeply. "no no, sometimes i even have the feeling that i know more than you" chifuyu leaned in the door frame and scanned me from top to bottom.

"you don't know anything."

"you bet i do. and the rest of the people in this room are trying to deny their feelings," his blue eyes wandered around the room and lingered on me. "oh. that would be just you."

"you're annoying"

"and you're a coward"

"a coward?," i exclaimed and slowly walked towards the blonde haired boy. "did you just call me a coward?" i hissed and chifuyu rolled his eyes.

"whatever. you can't suppress your feelings for her forever."

i shook my head. "i'm not suppressing anything"

chifuyu's voice was now just a whisper. "people have taken away any hope of love from you. you've never really experienced love. but you deserve it. and y/n can give it to you"

FLASHBACK END

Y/N'S POV

"are you enjoying the sight?" asked takashi as i eyed him and grinned.

i rolled my eyes. "as if you didn't already know"

"you're looking good" takashi pushed himself away from the tree and came towards me. trying not to look too overwhelmed, i shook my head and turned back to the flowers.

"as if," i muttered and continued watering the plants. "what are you doing here anyway? you could be seen" i asked with my heart beating fast, which stopped short when i felt a hand on my hip and felt takashi's body heat right next to me.

"i'll take that risk"

wow, what was that supposed to mean now?

"should i feel honored now?"

"you can feel special" he whispered.

"oh, i do. and can you please stop staring at me?" i added as i saw out of the corner of my eye that he was still looking at me, and takashi laughed softly.

"you're going to catch a cold."

i turned off the water and looked down at myself. i was soaked through and through, which i hadn't realized. "oh, i'll survi- what are you doing?" i asked nervously as he pulled his shirt over his head and held it out to me.