⤷ 8

"are you coming to emma's party tonight? hinata and i will be there too" yuzuha babbled and i frowned. i wasn't really a fan of parties, just like hinata and yuzuha.

i looked at her indecisively. "well, i don't know"

"come on! you can't leave me in the lurch!" she made a face, looking at me pleadingly.

maybe a little distraction would do me good right now.

sighing, i gave in. "okay. i'm coming."

in the evening i had arrived at emma's house, the pumping of the basses could already be heard from outside and i grimaced. this was going to be a torture

after knocking loudly on the wooden door 3 times, it was pulled open from the inside and emma stood in front of me in a green dress.

"what are you wearing?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

what's so wrong with wearing a sweater and jeans to a party you didnt even wanted to go?

"yeah, i'm fine, thanks, you too?" i mumbled sarcastically, pushing past her into the house.

"have fun y/n! hina and yuzuha are in the living room" she called out over the loud music as she hurried back to the door to let someone in again.

it was only 6pm and i was already bored. how would i last that long?

"y/n! that guy over there is looking at you. wait" hinata said as i was about to turn my head, "not yet, or it will look too obvious"

"is he hot?" i whispered excitedly.

hina swayed her head back and forth "well, yes" she finally said indecisively, grinning. "make up your own mind. now turn around"

i immediately turned around and saw a boy watching me. he had black, disheveled hair and fine features.

"so, do you like him?" yuzuha looked at me.

"he's pretty"

"go over and talk to him," hina urged me, poking me in the side with her index finger "you have nothing to lose! by the way, at least you'll have some fun, as the only one of the three of us" hina looked at me emphatically, and i stood up.

taking a deep breath, i slowly walked through the crowd. but when i finally reached the other side of the room, i looked around in confusion.

the boy was gone.

i tried to hide my disappointment and sighed. with a glance in my cup, i realized i had no drink left in it, so i went back to the kitchen to refill it. the bowl was still full. apparently, everyone here at this party, except me, seemed to prefer alcohol.

more for me, i thought happily, scooped some punch into my cup.

"can you give me some while you're at it?"

i wheeled around. the soft voice belonged to the black-haired boy who was now suddenly standing next to me and smiling at me.

"uh, yeah sure" i stuttered, taking a cup and filling it with punch.

"thanks, i'm ryunousuke by the way"

"my name is y/n"

"nice to meet you, y/n" ryunousuke looked down at me - cute dimples appeared on his cheeks as he smiled.

"how do you know emma?"

"i don't know her personally, a friend brought me here. do you?"

"she's one of my best friends. that's why i'm here in the first place."

ryunousuke grinned. "it's a good thing, or we wouldn't have met, right?"

i felt the flutter of butterflies in my stomach and smiled, "exactly"

together we went back to the living room and leaned against a wall there. we seemed to talk for a long time, and i found out that we had a lot in common. hinata and yuzuha were staring over at us, and i stuck my thumb up when ryunousuke wasn't looking.

"say y/n.. could i get your number?" he finally asked with an uncertain smile.

"sure"

we exchanged numbers and he was about to open his mouth when his eyes fell on something behind me, his smile immediately fell from his face.

"i..i have to go" he stuttered, walking away without properly saying goodbye to me. my mouth was open in disappointment and i glanced over my shoulder to see what was the cause of his disappearance and stiffened on the spot.

takashi mitsuya.

slowly he let his hands disappear in his pockets, tilted his head and smiled at me.