⤷ EPILOGUE

love is something strange.

it puts you under such a spell that you are not aware of what you are doing, you learn to see things from a different perspective that others cannot understand, and i was one hundred percent sure that people would not understand my love for takashi.

not even i understood it myself and i doubted that he did. all i knew was that he had awakened something in me; he had awakened feelings in me that i didn't even know existed and had shown me that it was possible to love a person unconditionally, even if it meant that you had to give yourself up.

i would have given myself up for him.

some may say that i was a naive little girl, hit by the force of first love and moving in the wrong direction - but that is wrong.

with every touch, with every time he looked me in the eyes, i felt this immense power that bound me to him and assured me that he was the one worth dying for.

i would have died for him.

and i would have waited forever for him - even if it had taken years.

the ring that was on the long chain around my neck was my constant companion wherever i went.

it was the only thing that reminded me of takashi in the following 12 months, which assured me that this boy had really existed in my life.

it would be a lie to say that i never once doubted takashi's promise during that one year; because i did. very often. i can't tell you how many times i cried myself to sleep at night. out of lovesickness, because of the emptiness that had been inside me since he left.

it felt like takashi had taken an important piece of me with him, a piece i couldn't live without.

i often wondered where he was, what he was doing, or if he forgot me.

i wouldn't have blamed him. who was i anyway?

with every day that passed since he left, the hole in my inner self widened even more. more self-doubt welled up in me and the hope of seeing him again shrank more and more.

but the hope was always there. always had been, always would be.

the day i was in the park it was raining; my shoes were soaked as i trudged along the gravel path, the dreary appearance of it all made me walk faster and i bowed my head as i passed some people my own age.

since takashi had left, i hadn't even begun a new relationship, even when i could have done so after a year without a guilty conscience.

but i couldn't.

i couldn't forget takashi.

maybe it was because he was my first love. maybe it was because he turned me into a different person. but maybe it was simply because i still loved him unconditionally, even after a year without any sign of life from him.

a love that still filled me with warmth whenever i thought of takashi.

"y/n?"

i looked up, squinting my eyes to see anything at all through the heavy falling rain. a blurry figure came toward me, and when i recognized his face, a feeling spread through me that i hadn't felt in a year.

"y/n, is that you?" his black hair was sticking to his forehead, the rain had soaked his clothes.

chifuyu looked at me from shining eyes, and my heart suddenly began to beat faster.

"chifuyu?"

"y/n!"

the next moment i was pulled against his chest into a tight embrace, my heart pounded louder than ever. i wrapped my arms around him, soaking up his scent and feeling the lump in my throat.

when chifuyu let go of me, he smiled broadly at me, and i couldn't help but return his smile.

"chifuyu, what are you doing here?" i asked incredulously, my eyes roaming over his entire appearance. he looked older; his muscles seemed to have grown and he seemed a bit taller than the chifuyu i remembered.

a part of me hoped that takashi was here too, but when i looked around i couldn't see anyone.

chifuyu grabbed my arm, pulled me under the trees so we were at least a little protected from the rain, and when he turned back around, his eyes flashed with joy.

"we are here"

"we?" my heart began to race.

"yes, we." the familiar voice made me spin around, not wanting to believe my eyes.

there he stood.

takashi didn't look much different than i remembered him - the look in his eyes couldn't be described in any words.

and at that moment it became clear to me. he had never doubted for a moment his decision to come back.

he kept his promise.

i stumbled toward him, and as i did, he caught me. there was a soft, hoarse laugh; the sound that did something to me.

it felt like the lost puzzle piece i had been missing since his escape had been put into its proper place. my heart pumped healthy and tight in my chest as i looked up at him, into those familiar lavender eyes that always fascinated me so.

"you haven't changed, y/n" i blushed as i realized he was referring to my clumsiness, and the next moment i was in his arms.

what i felt at that moment was indescribable; a firework of happiness, nervousness and endless love flowed through me as i felt his warm body. and as he wrapped his arms around me, i felt safe for the first time in over a year.

i was where i belonged.

forever.

so this was the last chapter of stranger

even though i want to write so many more chapters i think y/n and takashi have been through so much that they finally deserve their happy ending.

do you have any questions for me or wishes for other stories? write them in the comments.

i look forward to reading your comments and opinions on the ending.

this book will forever be at the top of my list. stranger led me to all of you and i would like to thank you more than sincerely for reading to the end,
you guys are my motivation and i hope to meet some of you in my other books in the future, thanks for following along, thanks for everything.

THIS IS THE END OF STRANGER.
THANK YOU.