⤷ 28

my life had apparently returned to normal.

not that it had ever been normal, but nothing exciting had happened since the wedding.

i was back at school, final exams were coming up, and everything was the way it had been before i met takashi.

only something was here that reminded me of him and it was quite difficult to avoid it.

"i'll go copy this for a minute, you all be quiet and work" our teacher said and took her keys.

as soon as the door closed behind her, the evil one turned to me and grinned.

"how's takashi?" asked mizuki and i looked up. out of the corner of my eye, i saw emma and hina turn to me and listen intently.

"why don't you ask him yourself?" i asked coolly, putting the tip of my pen down to continue writing my essay.

"i can't reach him."

my head shot up at these words. "you can't reach him?"

mizuki replied in the negative. she tied her pink hair into a ponytail and raised an eyebrow. "pretty sure he's avoiding me."

"i would too if i were him" i tried to hide my nervousness.

yuzuha, who was sitting behind us, leaned forward "what's the problem here?"

i slumped back in my chair and mizuki whirled around as the door opened again as our teacher walked in.

"later" mizuki hissed softly, but i paid her little attention.

she couldn't reach takashi.

i couldn't reach him.

what was going on?

TAKASHI POV

FLASHBACK

i knew it wouldn't work. but it was the small spark of hope inside me that propelled me forward, shrinking with each step.

apart from my steps, i could hear the crackling of twigs under my feet. i was shivering all over, the cold made me uncomfortable.

i took a drag from my cigarette and tapped off the ash.

it was not far now.

i stepped through the big gate, looked around. i was now on an old factory site, its walls overgrown with moss and ivy, and put out my cigarette.

"mitsuya?" the gate behind me closed and i turned around.

"yes?" i asked as one of his guys approached me and stopped. "hanma is waiting for you"

"tch, i'm aware of that"

"watch it, loser. hanma's not going to be happy about you not following through with your job as much anymore. you should be less distracted"

"are you watching me?" i flashed him angrily.

he shrugged his shoulders and gave me a stupid grin.

i walked past him towards an open door and didn't even wait for him to come after me.

it was dark in here. everything was dusty, the window scrolls were broken and the little sunlight that fell through them illuminated the faded wooden floor.

"mitsuya" a voice rang through the room. i slowly walked over to a door behind which i had heard the sound.

hanma. his hair fell in strands across his face, and his eyes scrutinized me.

"sup hanma" i entered and he smiled at me.

"hi mitsuya"

he tapped the ash off his cigarette, plopped down in his chair and his lips twisted into a grin.

"sit down, my friend. sit down."

i sat down on the sofa facing him - watching him warily, knowing that any gesture, no matter how nice, could be an ambush.

"how did business go?" his smooth voice sounded friendly, tch.

"went better"

"mitsuya.. i was going to move you anyway"

my head shot up. "what do you mean?"

hanma let out a snort. "kazutora is in jail. i need a replacement for him. preferably someone with experience."

i need to do this for y/n.

sighing, i shook my head. "hanma, i don't want to do this anymore."

"excuse me?," he laughed out loud. "mitsuya, you're one of my best."

"you heard me already. i'm quitting this job" i said calmly.

hanma held up a hand, his eyes flashing dangerously "stop," he rose from his chair and came around the table toward me. "give me a break, mitsuya."

i wasn't afraid, though - i was never afraid.

"i tell you when you quit the job. i tell you when we're done. not you."

his eyes narrowed, and the muscles on his arms tightened as he grabbed me by the wrist.

"i will not be ordered around by you" i hissed hatefully, but hanma just laughed softly.

"you're so stupid, mitsuya," he said softly "do you really think you can resist me?"

"i do what i want."

"if you weren't mitsuya takashi, i'd shoot you right now. but since you're worth more to me than anyone else, i won't be too hard on you. yo, suga, why don't you take our guest to his room?" he said.

"why so hospitable?" i hissed sarcastically, hanma grinned.

suddenly i felt his hands on my pockets, and seconds later he had my phone in his hand. "come" hanma laughed, and i followed him - even if not completely voluntarily, because this suga guy grabbed me by my upper arm.

"hanma don't piss me off"

"here we are"

"seriously? you want to lock me up?" i hissed.

"we're just giving you a chance to think about your decision again," he sighed thoughtfully "i really appreciate you, you know."

"tch, as if" i rolled my eyes.

"i need you, mitsuya"

i closed my eyes and waited until he was gone. bastard. the loud bang that sounded when he slammed the trapdoor made me open my eyes.

i leaned exhausted against the cold stone wall.

fuck, how am i supposed to protect y/n now?

oooo it get's exciting ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)