⤷ 41

"takashi!" hanma and i spoke at the same time. i sounded relieved, while hanma sounded more belligerent and takashi grinned.

"surprised to see me?" he asked in a velvety soft voice, hanma laughed out.

"no, my friend. no. on the contrary; i even prepared for you to come. get him!"

it happened faster than i could count to three.

within seconds, two of the surrounding guys had grabbed takashi, forcing him to his knees.

"let go of him!" i exclaimed, hearing some of them laugh out loud. takashi, however, didn't look at me, but rather stared with hatred in his eyes at hanma, who now turned to me.

"so this is the girl who turned mitsuya takashi's head."

i stepped uncomfortably in place while everyone's eyes turned to me.

everyone was looking at me.

everyone except takashi.

"she really is a catch, no question about it," hanma paced around me, looking at me like a piece of cattle. "beautiful eyes," he lifted my chin so that i grudgingly stared into his eyes. "fine features. nice lips. and that hair," his fingers ran through my hair, gently releasing them while his gaze slid down my body.

"breasts are nice to look at," he said loud, earning a few laughs, which stung my heart.

my gaze wandered to takashi, who watched hanma emotionlessly as he continued to walk around me.

hanma raised his eyebrows appreciatively. "cute ass" he said cheekily, and the next moment i felt a pinch on my butt.

"don't touch me" i hissed - a hoot was heard from the others. he looked at me in disbelief, baring his teeth as he laughed out loud.

"i guess we have a little rebel here, don't we?" his face was close to mine and i took a few steps back, but didn't get far.

i bounced against a muscular upper body, was now pushed back towards hanma who caught me with a firm grip.

"well, guys," he turned to the dozen guys who were lined up in a circle around him and me. "as you probably already know, takashi has considered leaving our family."

i heard takashi snort disdainfully, but hanma passed this over. takashi's facial expression told me that he saw this gang as anything but family.

"and the reason is," hanma turned back to me and i squirmed uncomfortably as he put an arm around my waist, pulling me close, "none other than this girl here. who would have thought that fucking once would make him want to change his whole life around?"

again everyone around us laughed.

"now the only question is whether we want to beat some sense into him or," hanma turned to me with a grin, "rather take the girl."

"men don't hit women, boss," it mumbled from the left and i looked in the appropriate direction. a little guy in a black hoodie sniffled, wiping his nose as all eyes were on him.

"well, then i guess it will be mitsuya"

i watched in horror as these guys dragged takashi to the center of the circle and stopped there.

hanma released all his attention from me, directed it to the boy with the lilac hair who was now kneeling in front of him.

takashi's eyes were filled with hatred as he stared up at hanma. "you disgust me" he pressed out between clenched teeth, hanma let out a loud fake sigh.