Chapter I

Nature had always been her home

Nature had always been her home. She found comfort in its serenity. Harry obviously picked that up from her, but he was a bit more of a water fanatic, preferring the ocean. She didn't really mind; oceans, forests, caves, anywhere away from the world was her paradise. Which is probably why she chose a small cottage amongst the wildflowers. 

Harry loved it. The number of times the two of them would spend gathering flowers together or just lying in the fields admiring the gift of nature. Small animals would wander up to them giving little nods and sounds in hello, they had a small tray of cut-up vegetables and fruits that they'd leave infront of their house to make sure the animals never went hungry. 

No one could imagine that the boy who lived was secretly a cottagecore fanatic. He loved the quiet and having tea among the flowers every morning. He loved when small rabbits would approach him and nestle their heads deep into his lap. Or the way the sun shone right through his windows, wishing him good morning before his mother could. 

But what he loved the most was the nights, the nights when things got rough and his mind tormented him. He'd lay under the shining stars and look up in wonder. He'd trace the constellations and worship all the small specks in the dark and quiet of the night.

His mother had told him from a young age that when people passed you could find them in the star, so whenever the guilt and pain would eat him up, he'd go to the stars and apologise to everyone he could see. He'd apologise for not trying hard enough, for not being the best. He'd apologise until his mother would come outside and hug him until everything around him blurred out. 

That's how life was for Emery and Harry, away from the public, away from the stress of the world. Away from everything. Their small section of paradise. 

So to say that the order was surprised would be an understatement. They were baffled, the peace and tranquillity was something they never imagined Harry having a life in. 

It was around 12 am, preferably quiet except for whoever was in the house. Side glances were thrown. Who could possibly be making a racquet at 12 in the morning? 

"I'm going to kill you, Harry Potter!" Someone shrieked inside. There was clattering and glass smashing inside. Worried, the other all pulled out wands. Pushing themselves onto the walls discreetly. 

"I'm sorry!" Harry screamed before more glass could be heard. Dumbledore was right. She couldn't be trusted, there was no guarantee that she was safe and not using Harry for power. 

"I'm gonna torture you until you beg me to kill you" she roared, there was more thumping before the order members grew concerned. 

Kicking down the door, Sirius fled into the house with the rest of the order behind me. Sirius had tagged along, he wasn't meant to, but he hadn't seen his godson in a while and really needed some fresh air. 

What they saw inside was surprised them. Instead of a horrendous bloody scene, there was broken plates and cups littered on the floor. Following the trail, they came across a cosy living room. Emery appeared to be sitting on Harry, and playing on the screen was the Bachelorette.