Chapter XL

"Was there really a need for this meeting" Emery frowned, glancing at the crowd around her

"Was there really a need for this meeting" Emery frowned, glancing at the crowd around her. She was mostly ignored by the participants but Emmett seemed to share the interest in the reasoning for the meeting.

"We have had recent recruitments" Dumbeldore declared, standing tall and proud at the head of the table. "I'd like to welcome Charlie Weasley" the man boomed, watching as a tall young man with vibrant red hair strolled into the room.

"Pleasure" he commented, his British accent shining through. His years in Romania had been enjoyable and he didn't regret leaving Britain to be closer to the animals he was so fascinated by.

"Bill Weasley and Fleur Declaur" and in walked the couple. The girl a pale blonde veela, absolutely ethereal in her being. Bill on the other hand was a rugged-looking man with shoulder-length hair. They walked together so Emery could only assume they were together by the way Fleur looked at the man. 

"Please get them completely up to date with the current issues," Dumbledore asked, sitting down to analyse the rest of the audience. The rest of the order members conversed while Emery chose to cuddle close to Sirius, who in turn placed an arm around her.

"Nithe!" Charlie suddenly said, disrupting the silence.

"Who's Nithe?" Molly questioned, thinking that he might have finally met someone.

"She's a dragon, a small thing, but a trouble maker" he stated, searching frantically for the small dragon.

"Is she dangerous?" Emmett questioned, looking to see if the small dragon was anywhere near him.

"Incredibly so" he murmured in fear. Everyone soon searched for the dangerous dragon while Charlie was being reprimanded by his mother for bringing such creatures to a meeting.

''Oh, aren't you a darling" Emery cooed, rubbing the head of the small dragon who cuddled close in her hand. Charlie looked completely upfronted that the baby had adjusted so well to the other woman.

"Oh, Emmie look" Emery murmured, passing the little one into Emmett's hand. The small thing looked absolutely honoured to be in the hands of someone so great and practically soaked it in.

"How-" he murmured in utter loss.

"What's the matter?" Dumbledore questioned.

"It's just- Nithe doesn't really like anyone. It's why I always have her around" Charlie explained.

"Oh she's just an angel" Emmett cooed, looking at the small dragon straight in the eye. The small thing whimpered, nuzzling into the palm of his hand.

"I'll grab her for you." Charlie attempted to take the baby dragon but was stopped when the creature hissed at it.

"That's awfully interesting" Charlie commented, still attempting to take the dragon and analyzing the defensive stance the animal took.

"She's never done that before" he muttered, leaving the small beast in the hand of Emmett. Emmett continued to fawn over the small creature. The meeting continued as normal and they discussed the guarding of the prophecy. 

"Why can't Harry know of the prophecy?" Emery questioned. 

"He's too young Ms Pendra" Dumbledore tutted, lacing his fingers today. Emery frowned at that but kept quiet for the rest of the meeting, preferring to play with Sirius's fingers. He glanced down at her, placing a kiss on the crown of her head in reassurance. 

After the meeting ended, Emmett grabbed his sister and pulled them into a corner. 

"I think I found something" he muttered in Parseltongue so no one could understand. 

"Really!" Emery asked in glee. 

Emmett smiled at his little sister. "Yes

"There was a tale that I found in Norway. It's about a small child, a boy named Philip, who was spelled to live 50 more years than he should." Emmett explained. 

"And?

"He died early!" He said in mirth.

"I'm afraid you've lost me" Emery muttered. 

"The boy was rumoured to have found something prior to his death that sped up the process"

"Let me guess, love?" Emery said sarcastically. When Emmett nodded his head in yes she sighed in frustration. 

"That'll be a bit hard won't it" she snarled. 

"Will it?" He questioned converting back to English and walking away. He passed Sirius on the way and pat the man on the shoulder, giving his farewells. 

Emery was in shock. She loved Sirius's company, but was that love? In all honesty, what is love? Emery had never been so emotionally involved with anyone before in a romantic way. Sure she loved Harry, but that was in a motherly way. 

Emery turned to glance at the man and watched as he laughed at something Tonks had told him. The two had recently had a debate on whether Atlantis was real and it had been chaotic since. 

She watched the way his eyes lit up automatically brightening his face and the way his laugh sounded like pure music to her. The way his hair looked a copper brown when they caught light in the sun or the way his dimples would appear when he snorted. The way his fingers would brush strands of her hair out of her face or the way he would smile at her like she was the only girl in the world. She remembered the butterflies that erupted in her stomach when he glanced at her or the way her cheeks flamed red when he would try cheesy pickup lines on her or called her beautiful. 

"Em," Sirius called, pulling her out of her thoughts. He had a pout on his face which caused her to smile slightly. 

"Nymphadora said I was dolphin dung" he whined causing Emery to laugh. Upon hearing her laugh, he immediately brightened. 

"Don't call me Nymphadora" Tonks growled. Sirius continued to tease her, running around the kitchen yelling Nymphadora and screaming when the woman chased him. Emery watched with a light smile before her eyes widened in realisation. 

"What's with the smile?" Remus teased.

"N-nothing" Emery stuttered, feeling her whole face burned a brilliant red. Remus laughed before attempting to distract the woman chasing his best friend. 

"Hey, you" Sirius murmured pulling the woman into a hug, seeking warmth in her being. 

"Hi" she smiled, running her fingers through his hair. She breathed in his scent and relaxed fully into his hold.

I think I'm in love with Sirius