Chapter XXll

TW: SOME GORE AND VIOLENCE

It was nice to be back at Hogwarts. It was his home away from home.

Harry missed running down the halls so carefree, well as carefree the boy who lived could get. He loved visiting the black lake, it was probably his favourite place in the whole of Hogwarts. The way the water reflected the sun and shone even at night when the moon took its place. 

He let out a deep sigh. The voice in his head had gotten louder yelling at every muggleborn or half-blood kid that had passed them. He was walking with Hermione and Ron to the great hall and the voice had grown progressively loud screaming at the mudblood and blood-traitor that walked beside him.

Standing up abruptly, he ran past them heading straight for the Slytherin table in hopes of getting the voice to stop. They both looked at him in surprise and decided it was best they didn't follow him, both not having a good reputation with Slytherin. 

He chose the Slytherin table because it was mainly purebloods and the voice appeared to hate anyone else, so he took his chances. 

Harry continued to storm his way towards the table bumping into everyone that passed him. The voice started screaming at him to crucio the mudbloods and maim the halfbloods until there was nothing left. To kill everyone on in his way and to watch the blood pour from their disfigured bodies.

Harry wanted to drown himself. Anything to stop the voice and its cruel and dark thought. He quickly stumbled towards the table sliding into the seat next to Draco Malfoy and placing his head flat on the table. The whole hall fell silent watching the brave Gryffindor sitting at the Slytherin table. 

"Harry, mate, you've got the wrong table" Seamus tried.

"Do I look daft to you? I know where I am" Harry sneered at him before stopping immediately and placing his head back in his arms. After that, the Gryffindors decided it was best to leave him alone not wanting to be snapped at again. 

There was silence at the Slytherin table. No one quite knew what to do. Draco decided to be the first to make a move and scooped some mashed potatoes onto his plate. Following his lead, most of the Slytherins began to resume their normal chatting and banter with each other.

Draco and his friends were quiet for most of the duration with a few words spoken between them. 

Harry finally sat up acknowledging the fact that he was there and sighed in relief when the voice stopped talking altogether. He glanced at Draco taking in the way he looked. 

As if noticing his glance, Draco stared back at him with an eyebrow raised. Harry blushed and had the dignity to look sheepish. Draco let out a chuckle before serving him something to eat. 

"So Potter, what was that?" The girl opposite him questioned.

"Oh you don't want to know" he grimaced.