Chapter XX

Harry was returning to Hogwarts today

Harry was returning to Hogwarts today. Emery was automatically in a bad mood and was not looking forward to it. Harry on the other hand was reluctant to go as well, the voice in his head had been rather quiet during the duration of Christmas, but without his mother, he feared that it would become louder.

Due to the orders worries, the children wouldn't be travelling via the Hogwarts express but rather by portkey. Emery hated travelling by portkey but she did want to travel with Harry to Hogwarts.

"Have you got everything lovie," Emery yelled, receiving only the sound of tumbling and thudding. Walking up the stairs she came across the sight of Harry sprawled on the floor, face down.

"You alright baby?" she snickered watching as he lay there.

"Just fine," he spoke, his voice muffled by the floorboards.

Emery chuckled before helping him put stuff into his case. The two of them spent the whole morning running around the room chucking stuff at each other and laughing in joy. Both of them were so caught up in their own little world that they didn't realise Sirius was leaning on the door frame observing the two of them. 

Sirius loved watching them. No matter how weird that sounded, he loved observing the two of them. It was lovely to watch the two of them and he couldn't help but be attracted to the pure sight. 

"Mama I am not packing that" Harry shrieked.

"It's a lovely shirt," she exclaimed in outrage, snickering lightly. Harry pounced on the woman tackling her onto the bed. They both squealed before Emery started tickling Harry. The room filled with laughter and Sirius watched, feeling warmth spread through him.

"You two need to hurry up if you want to make it to Hogwarts on time." Sirius reprimanded, strolling into the room and flopping onto the bed next to Emery. She turned to glance at him with a wild smile. He smiled back at her, exploring her face adoringly. 

Harry watched the two quietly. He couldn't deny that his mother and Sirius were close and was overly upset that they thought he couldn't see it. What upset him the most was that his mother felt the need to hide it from him. Although he was incredibly upset, he couldn't deny the happiness that filled him when he thought of his mother and godfather together. 

"I'm packing, mama's slowing me down," Harry complained, continuing the chuck things in his trunk. Emery made a sound of protest that fueled Sirius's laughter.

After the trunk was packed, they headed downstairs to see a worn-out alarm clock. They hung out in the living room till it was close to 11 o'clock. 

"Okay, you all remember how to use a portkey right?" Remus asked. He received nods in response and an unsettled grumble from Emery. Harry snickered lightly and got a shove from Emery in return. Before much could be said, Remus told everyone to grab on. 

Emery felt the world spin and couldn't help the groan that left her mouth. Her eyes were shut tight as she let go of the clock. Before she could open her eyes she felt herself crash onto the ground. 

She groaned again at the headache that was coming on and frowned. Opening her eyes reluctantly she glanced to see a snickering Sirius standing above her. She glared at the man before laying on the floor. 

"Now I see where Harry gets his lack of motivation from" Sirius chortled, thrusting his hand out towards her so that she could grab onto it. Pulling herself up, she glanced around the room to see Harry lying on the floor. 

"Get up you lazy dog" Emery muttered to Harry lightly shoving him with her foot. Harry turned to glare at Emery.

"You were on the floor literally two seconds ago, don't tell me I'm lazy" he grumbled, pushing himself up. 

"I can do what I want," Emery said back.

"Oh yeah? What are you the president?" he said

"I'm better than the president" 

"You wish" 

"Stop being mean" She complained

"No" Harry muttered. 

The pair were so caught up in grumbling they didn't notice someone approaching the group. 

"It's good to see you again Mr Potter" She spoke, her Scottish accent thorough and not hard to disfigure. McGonagall glanced up to see Emery standing behind Harry. She froze in shock. 

Sirius had his arm wrapped around Emery's shoulder and was whispering little secrets that the boys had discovered when they went to school. In return, Emery laughed and giggled before commenting about their adventures. 

"Athena?" McGonagall questioned. The room glanced in question to see McGonagall glancing at Emery. There was a look of anguish on her face and she couldn't help the overwhelming sadness that filled her 

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" Emery questioned.

McGonagall cleared her throat.

"No dear, I must have mistaken you for someone" she replied with a distant look in her eyes. Deciding to ignore the older woman, she glanced at Harry and looks him straight in the eyes. 

"You contact me if you need anything, and I mean anything," she told him with a stern look in her eyes. Emery tried not to be stern and to be as fun as she could be but she needed him to tell her anything and everything. She couldn't lose him. 

"I will," he promised. 

Emery lay a kiss on his forehead with tears in her eyes. Leaving him never got easier and she hated it more than anything. Sirius saw the unshed tears and swung his arm over her shoulder laying a kiss on her temple. 

"He'll be fine" he whispered reassuringly. She glanced at him hesitantly but nodded as if to remind herself. 

She watched as the children all hugged their parents goodbye before turning to leave. She watched the back of Harry trying to memorise everything about him so she wouldn't miss him too much. 

Before he left he turned to his mother, a cheeky grin on his face. 

"Have fun with Sirius" he snickered. Emery turned a brilliant red, almost similar to the colour of the Weasley's hair. 

"Not too much fun though"

"Why you little-"