Chapter XII

The afternoon was lovely

The afternoon was lovely. It was the perfect weather for anything outdoors. An adventure. So that is exactly what Emery suggested.

Grimmauld place had gotten boring fast with all the kids at Hogwarts. So, Emery offered Remus and Sirius to stay with her in her quaint little cottage. Of course, they both agreed, Sirius for personal reasons and Remus because felt calmer in the presence of open fields. Some werewolf thing.

Now, Emery knew all about the lycanthropy since she first met Remus. It was the magic he emitted, it was strong but also animal-like. Similar to the readings of a centaur or vampire. She offered him the free space that surrounded their property to shelter him from the compact spaces he was used to. Like his times at Hogwarts.

Emery dragged the both of them outside. The sun was up, the air warm and the flowers swaying in joy. Of course, both were reluctant but with a bit of convincing, they joined her outside.

Emery and Sirius were as close as they were before, maybe even closer. If someone saw them together, you'd assume that they were together. They held hands, cuddled together, they pretty much looked like a couple.

"You're not that old." Emery scowled when Remus denied her offer. Those two has grown closer as well. They were practically siblings but he always took the overprotective role to the next level.

"Isn't lovely out here," Emery whispered to herself. Sirius turned to look at her in awe. The sun shone on her face and highlighted her blue eyes. Her overalls blended in with the flowers surrounding them.

Wandering a bit further, she chose a small patch where the flowers didn't grow as much. Settling the picnic stuff down, she proceeded to place all the goods outside onto the blanket.

The trio lay there munching on small treats and peacefully talking to each other. There was never a moment of silence, always filled with laughter and talk.

"And then Harry decided to kidnap the small thing and bring it here." Emery chortled.

"Harry kidnapped a hamster and brought it home." Sirius snickered.

"Please tell me you returned it" Remus questioned, shaking his head in disbelief.

There was a moment of silence. Emery and Sirius glanced at each other in mischief. Remus let out a sigh before letting his head fall back onto the soft grass, shutting his eyes.

The other two burst out in laughter. It was harmonious. Her laugh was melodic and soft whereas his was baritone and rough.

Eventually, the two quieted down. The two sat there in silence. Emery glanced at Remus to see he had fallen asleep. The full moon had been rough, regardless of the two days he had to rest.

Emery looked at Sirius, signalling with her head to move away from him.

They both stood up and moved away from the sleeping man. They ventured through the wildflowers, one in front of the other.

Sirius watched as she trailed in front of him, fingers lightly skimming the top of the flowers. Her hair was out of her normal ponytail and slowly blew in the wind. She looked like a fucking goddess.

He could hear her softly singing to a famous pop song that was playing on the radio the other day.

Emery could feel his heated gaze on the back of her head. Her thoughts drifted to the man behind her. She was confused. What we're they doing? We're they in a relationship? Did he like her? Was she just a fling?

She of course couldn't figure out her emotions either. She enjoyed his company and thoroughly did feel something. She couldn't explain what she felt. She had lived a long life and never experienced romantic feelings for anyone.

She admired the man and held a certain level of respect for him. She loved the way he was with Harry. He never treated him any different and always shows him endless love.

But then she thought about Harry. Would it be weird for him, his mother and his godfather? Harry was an important part of both their lives and she would do anything for her precious boy.

"So..." Sirius murmured.

"Yes?" Emery replied.

Thinking fast, he shoved her forward. He watched as she stumbled before turning to glare at him. When she turned back he reached his hands forward to push her again.

She stumbled again watching as he brought his hands out again.
Instead of waiting to be shoved, she ran forward watching as chased after her.

Her laughs filled the valley. You could almost notice that all the flowers seemed to lean towards her. When she turned back to look at him his heart froze.

Her smile was wide and her eyes happy. Her hair fell past her face and danced while she ran. She sprinted as fast as she could and her laugh echoed through the valley. 

It was a beautiful sight to anyone that was present. 

Catching up to the woman, he wrapped his hands around her waist, yanking her back into him. She smelt like the ocean. How? He didn't know, but boy did he love it. Her skin was soft and she fit against him like a puzzle piece. 

"You look stunning" he murmured into her ear. Her breaths came out in pants from all the running and she looked up at him with a certain innocence. 

"You are stunning." She turned around in his arms so that she could hook her hands around his neck. 

They both swayed slightly in the breeze, no words, no music. Just them. They were like the sun and moon. So different, yet perfect for each other. 

She was the chocolate to his strawberries 

The yarn to his kitten 

The wine with his cheese.

They completed each other in ways that no one would ever notice or comprehend. That in a way, was what made their story special. Two souls intertwined, yet both held dark secrets of the past. Secrets that they intended to take to the grave. Secrets that no one knew of. 

Secrets that would ruin everything.