Chapter IX

She had always hated September the 1st

She had always hated September the 1st. It was the day her beloved left to Hogwarts, far away from their quaint little home. She yearned to go with him, but he needed to become more independent. She was worried that she was going to lose her happy boy this year. 

She watched as Harry disappeared with Sirius behind closed doors. She and Sirius were still not on speaking terms. She of course felt guilty for invading his privacy but she knew she was not entirely at fault. He could have handled that situation a lot better. 

Sirius on the other hand did in fact feel deeply guilty. He missed her presence. Late at night, she would comfort Harry in his room instead of waiting for him to come downstairs. She wouldn't glance at him, occupying herself in teaching Ginny different ways to hex someone. He missed her. 

Both were too stubborn to admit their faults and it was frustrating Remus to no end, so he tended to avoid both of them. 

Harry approached his mother, she could see his eyes dimming in thought. 

"You'll see me on Christmas break" she claimed, sweeping his hair away from his eyes. 

"I'll miss you though" he whispered back.

"As will I, but you know that I'll always be a call away." She tapped her ring, watching as he glinted. 

"I love you mama" Harry spoke. He gave his mother a kiss on the cheek. 

"I love you too baby" she replied kissing his forehead. 

Before more could be muttered between the two, A duo of pale blonds approached the two. Now, this is when the plot thickens. You see, first-year Emery was so panicked she sent her kid running into the wrong wall, which then led to a laughing fest where they basically laid on the ground laughing. 

Narcissa had approached them and offered her assistance. She then offered to teach Emery how to act like a proper pureblood, which lead to the strong bond the two shared. Emery wasn't very close with Lucius but was aware of him and the way he was with his family. As much as she wanted to curse that man to oblivion, Narcissa always stopped her. 

Draco and Harry though. They were a bit complex. They were friends for the period of the Hogwarts express but then everything went down the wrong road when Draco chose to say the wrong things. 

"Hello, Draco my love" Emery cooed. rubbing her dainty fingers on his cheeks. 

"Will you stop doing that women" he scolded. Emery was always picking on him, it was rather embarrassing. 

"Draco" Narcissa reprimanded. Emery watched as he stood straighter. 

"Oh come here you two" Emery squealed launching herself on both of the unsuspecting albinos. Both of them fell backwards before steadying themselves. Chuckling, Narcissa wrapped her arms around the younger woman. 

Harry watched the scene from outside their hug. His mother knew exactly what she was doing and if she didn't stop he was going to bury her alive. 

"Harry, my sweet, come join us" she becked at him, smiling sweetly. She pulled the boy into the hug.

Harry turned bright red. He could feel the rush of heat through his body. He'd never been this close to him before. He could smell the mint and cologne emitting from the older boy. 

Pulling away Draco glanced down at the younger boy. "Why so red Potter?" he smirked. 

Harry glanced at Draco, before turning around muttering nothing and stepping on his mother's foot. 

Sirius watched from the sidelines. He didn't know that Emery was close to the Malfoys. He lost contact with pretty much all of his family after he ran away. Regulus included. 

He watched as Lucius walked up to the four of them, placing his hand on Draco's shoulder. Emery watched as Draco stiffened under his touch, looking anywhere but up. 

"Potter, Emery" Lucius drawled. 

"Bleach blond barbie" Emery sneered. 

Narcissa looked at the ground, hiding her smile and Draco took interest in the polish of his shoes. 

"Draco, best you get on the train" Lucius pushed. Draco stumbled over his own feet. 

"Oh you too Harry" she muttered laying kisses on his head and walking him towards the train. 

"Keep an eye on Draco will you, I have a feeling he'll need someone by his side," she spoke. 

"I'll see you at Christmas." She gave him another kiss before ushering him forward. She watched as he grabbed Draco's hand dragging him onto the train. 

Narcissa pulled Emery into a hug once more. "Thank you" she whispered before apparating away. Emery raised her hand to wave sarcastic at Lucius before turning around. Sirius held his hand out to her watching as she grabbed onto it. 

The second they landed in Grimmauld place, she let go of his hand slowly trekking up the stairs. Sirius was left standing at the bottom of the stairs, waiting for her to turn back and glance at him. She never did. 

"Fix it" Remus muttered, walking off. 

Sirius climbed up the stairs before pausing at Emery's door. He paced and pondered on all possible situations that could take place. Groaning, he ran his hands through his head slowly pulling at the roots. 

On impulse, he pushed open the door only to stop. Emery stood there in her black silk lingerie looking at him, eyes wide. His eyes wandered over her body before mentally slapping himself. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to rush in on you like this, I just wanted to talk to you but if now is a bad time then I can come back later. Actually, on second thought, you can come to me when you are ready. When I say ready, I mean when you've got clothes on, not when you-" he rambled but was interrupted by Emery. 

"Are you alright" she questioned. He looked down in defeat before staring back at her. 

"I'm sorry," He muttered. "I shouldn't have reacted that way and it was wrong of me to lash out at you" he apologised, glancing up at her through his eyelashes. 

A moment of silence elapsed the pair. Just as Sirius was about to give up, Emery spoke. 

"It's alright" she spoke, giving him a small smile. 

Relaxing, Sirius bounded over to her wrapping her in a hug. The moment lasted a while before Emery cleared her throat, reminding him of her current state. 

Blushing red, Sirius turned towards the door. Just as he was about to exit Emery stopped him.

"If you don't mind me asking... Was there a reason? For your anger that day?" she spoke hesitantly, she didn't want to destroy their just rekindled friendship. 

Sirius paused. 

With his back turned to her he spoke quietly. Emery had to strain her ears to catch it. 

"It belonged to him."