Chapter XXXI

After the episode yesterday, Remus refused to let both adults out of his sight

After the episode yesterday, Remus refused to let both adults out of his sight. The two were denied ice cream that night, unfortunately, but thank the lord that Remus grew rather fond of the animal. Not that it did much.

Owning a seahorse was boring. The thing did nothing but swim and eat and swim all over and soon enough Emery lost interest in it, just like Remus predicted, and the responsibility fell onto Remus who took care of Barry.

Barry was the seahorse's name. After Barry Allen from the Flash. Barry was a rather dramatic seahorse you could say. There were cases where he would pretend to be dead and then spring back alive every morning just to spice up life.

"Barry to do a flip" Emery demanded, poking on the aquarium. The thing stared back at her before turning around so its back was to her. Emery huffed, trotting to sit next to Sirius who snickered at her.

"He's yours too" she sneered, watching as Sirius began to chortle again.

"Come on you dummies, let's go down to the beach." the two blanched at the statement before furrowing their eyebrows.

"The beach next to the apartment?" Remus spoke slowly, addressing the two adult children. Their eyes widened in realisation before they nodded their heads eagerly at attending the beach.

They were all dressed and started their trek to the beach, stopping at the nearest store to buy a block of sunscreen. When they reached the sea Emery was fast to tug of her t-shirt which she wore over her swimming clothes.

Emery had her sunglasses perched on her nose and wore a bikini that hugged her figure yet stayed modest. She looked stunning and Sirius couldn't help but trail her figure stopping at her stomach where a small tattoo lay to rest.

"You have a tattoo?" Tonks called out as if reading Sirius's mind.

"Oh yeah," she claimed, running her hand over the small lion that was on her lower stomach.

"Gryffindor?" Remus asked. Harry had told them that his mother had attended Hogwarts but they'd never seen or met her.

"Nope, Slytherin," she said, popping the p in nope.

"Why the lion?" Tonks asked hooking arms with the other woman.

"My brothers, they were the bravest people I'd ever met" she sighed softly, stroking the tattoo.

"What were their names?" Sirius asked.

"Well you've seen Arthur," she told, thinking back to the boggart she had found in the cupboard.

"Was he always that mean?" Tonks asked hesitantly.

"No, my fear was him hating me but he was the kindest person I'd ever met "

"The other"

"His names Emmett," she said

"He's alive" Sirius declared.

"mhmm, pumping and breathing as we speak" Emery hummed.

"You don't talk about him" Remus mentioned.

"We had a falling out, but we've rekindled. Maybe you can meet him at the next meeting?" she threw out.

"Can we trust him"

"With your soul" she promised.

"Enough boring talk, let's swim" Tonks squealed pulling Emery with her to the ocean.

Emery dove straight into the water and relaxed in the water. The salt stung a bit but Emery loved it. She felt as free as she could in a long time. No worries about Tom, no worries about Harry, no worries about her messed up life. Nothing.

She broke up so that her eyes were directly above the water yet her mouth and nose remained under.

Pros of being related to the great and powerful Merlin.

Sirius glanced at the women and was in awe. She looked bloody terrifying yet smoking hot. There was a seductive look with the way she bobbed in the water.

Approaching her, he swam up to her till they were face to face.

"Hi," he whispered.

"Hello" she whispered back.

He pulled her close to him till they were skin to skin. He could feel her breath on his collarbone and her eyelashes brushing his cheek.

They stayed like that until a wave crashed into them sending them tumbling.

Laughing, Emery moved her wet hair away from her face before snickering at the shipwrecked Sirius.

She got up and walked towards him laughing and pulling him up.

"Em!" A voice called out from behind her, but when she turned to look she was tackled to the ground.

"Ugh really?" She whined from underneath the man. He reached a hand out to help her up before she was snatched away.

"Oi hands off" Sirius snarled. The man snatched Emery back, shoving her behind his back.

"Back off" the man sneered, getting right up in Sirius's face.

"Who do you think you are?" Sirius barked, getting further into the man's face causing him to back up a little bit. 

"Knock it off," Tonks exclaimed tugging Sirius's arm. 

"Emmie, really?" Emery asked with a disapproving frown. 

"What?" the man questioned, slight amusement in his eyes. 

"I said I forgave you, not come and visit me" she muttered, shoving his shoulder slightly. The man shook his head with a chuckle before hugging Emery. 

"I've got a lot of time to make up for" he murmured into her ear, kissing her forehead. 

"Emery?" Sirius questioned, eyebrows drawn in confusion. He was trying his very best not to jump to conclusions and assume the worse. 

"Sorry, this is Emmett. My brother" she gestured at the man. Emmett, or Merlin, glanced at the man and noticed how he sagged with relief when Emery told him that. His eyes narrowed slightly when he noticed how Emery seemed to glance at him all the time and occasionally brush her arm against his. 

"Nearly gave me a heart attack love" Sirius whispered to her, pulling Emery into a hug. Emery was facing Merlin and could see the look on his face. His eyes were drawn together in confusion before they released in realisation. He stared straight into her eyes and shook his head sadly, which Emery responded to by burning her own into Sirius's shoulder. 

"Well I don't want to bother you guys anymore, I'm gonna head" Emmett declared pulling Emery into a hug. 

"You're going down a very dangerous road Em, stop before you go too far" He whispered, lightly kissing her forehead. He turned to nod at the rest before walking away. Before he could go Emery uttered words that brought his whole world down. 

"I-I think it's already too late"

He turned to look at her, before sighing in realisation and shaking his head in disappointment. The others furrowed their eyebrows in confusion at the conversation they were discussing. 

"Then I can only hope you're prepared for the repercussions"