Chapter XXXV

Emery charged at the soldier that approached her plunging her sword straight through his chest

"Em hurry up!" Merlin screamed at her, plunging a sword of his own through one of the knight's stomach.

She ran towards her brother overthrowing anyone that wasn't on her side. She looked at her brother noticing a man charging from behind him.

"Merlin" she screamed, her eyes plunging into the vibrant gold forcing the man behind him to fly backwards in the air.

They both ran forward charging into the throne room where their enemy sat.

Viswali was a warlock like them but his views differentiated from theirs. He deemed anyone who didn't have the gift of magic as inferior which led to the huge fight they were currently fighting in.

"Viswali" Merlin yelled gaining the attention of the warlock who had Morgana situated at the foot of this throne. Emery could see the silent tears running down her face in fear and wanted nothing more than to run to her and tell her it was alright.

"Merlin" the man drawled, looking completely uninterested.

"Leave us" Merlin demanded.

"You people think you can beat me? I am powerful! I have magic!" Viswali screamed in utter rage. Morgana flinched at his tone attempting to seem smaller.

"Let go of Morgana" Emery demanded looking at her lady.

"I won't take order from a woman" the evil man roared, leaving Emery fuming.

Just as another round was about to start Arthur came charging into the room noticing the two siblings and his poor sister.

"Let go of my sister" he demanded, holding his sword up high.

"Ah, Prince Arthur has blessed us with his presence. Bow down" Viswali yelled. The people in the room bowed down to the prince and Arthur couldn't help the rage that filtered through him. Was this man mocking him?

"Stop this at once" he screamed.

"Pathetic human" Viswali scowled waving his hand causing the prince to collide into a wall.

Emery quickly ran to make sure that Arthur was alright while Merlin took the chance to charge at Viswali.

Noticing the angry servant, he smiled. It wasn't the nice kind of one though, it was the I'm going to hurt everyone you love kinda one.

Just as Merlin was about to plunge his sword into the evil wizard, Viswali sent a pulse towards the two bodies that lay on the floor.

A minute later, Viswali's smiling body lay on the floor, blood pouring from his chest. Merlin and Morgana ran towards Emery and Arthur's still bodies before checking for a pulse.

Sighing in relief, they both realized that a pulse could be found.

Gaius, who had been caring for the last wounded, was quickly brought to the situation with the prince and the lady servant.

Merlin was anxious. His best friend and sister were laying there unresponsive to everything Gaius was trying on them.

He quickly ran down to the dungeon where the great dragon lay.

"You've awaited this day young Warlock" the dragon uttered in pity.

"No" he whispered in horror. His mind flashing back to the prophecy he was told years ago.

"Only one can be saved"

He looked at the dragon with tears in his eyes and fell on his knees sobbing in sadness. He sobbed and sobbed until he had no more tears left to sob.

"I have to save them" he cried at the dragon.

Killgarah had lived for a very long time and in all his years he'd never met a kindness like Emery's. He knew that Merlin was going to chose Arthur but he found that he himself was rather fond of the girl.

She visited him often and kept him company on days where she couldn't sleep or had nothing to do. She never treated him like he was some sort of Jesus and never allowed Merlin to get angry at the old dragon.

"I can offer a solution" the dragon spoke. Merlin immediately looked up at the dragon hopefully.

"But this solution will not appease young Emery" he declared. So caught up in the moment, he didn't seem to care for what his sister wanted. He couldn't lose them both.

The dragon gave him the advice and sent him in his way. The young warlock completed everything the dragon told him to do and came back to Camelot in hopes of seeing both Arthur and Emery alive.

When he approached Gaius's chamber he saw both Emery and Arthur hugging and he was overwhelmed with happiness.

He jumped on the pair earning a laugh from Emery and a slight glare from Arthur, though there was no real anger in it.

They continued on with the lovely moment until king Uther wanted Arthur returned back to the castle.

Emery gave him a hug before glancing at Merlin. She'd never admit it to him, but she felt different and she knew that Merlin had something to do with it. She only hoped that he hadn't made a completely rash decision. 

Once everyone had left, the twins made their way to their bedroom and crashed onto the bed. Merling noticed how unbelievably quiet his sister was and turned to glance at her, noticing her stare on the roof. 

"How?" she questioned. 

Merlin explained everything to the last detail gorging for a reaction but got nothing in return. He didn't regret his decision at the time and if anything, he was glad he made the choice. When he finished telling her, he paused to look at her, expecting an answer in return. 

Emery turned to glance at him with tears in her eyes. 

"What have you done."