Chapter XI

Life was hectic since she had brought Harry back with her

Life was hectic since she had brought Harry back with her. Of course, she loved the little boy but he always found a way to get into heaps of trouble. From her past connections, she knew exactly where he got it from and couldn't say she was disappointed. 

Emery adored Harry. He adored her. They both loved each other to bits and Emery made sure that Harry never forgot about his family. She would bring up his father and mother and watch as Harry immediately gave her all of his attention. 

There were small moments when Harry would cry for hours endless because he couldn't find his mother's stunning red hair or his father's warm brown. Emery would just cuddle the boy up and murmur to him that his parents were watching him and that he could always find them deep in the stars. 

Although he was way too young to comprehend the meaning, it offered him comfort to be held. 

One particular morning Harry had awoken quietly. Not jumping like he used to, no screaming. Just quiet. Emery decided to ignore it and head down. Maybe he didn't get enough sleep last night. 

They went through the whole morning and Harry never made a noise. He just sat there and stared at her. If Harry were not 3, she would have found it incredibly creepy, well, she did find it creepy but she was the bigger person. 

Harry raised his hands to her requesting to be held. She lay on the couch with him on her chest. He glanced at her again, but this time she held his gaze. 

Not even 2 minutes later Harry burst into tears, he kept crying no matter how hard Emery tried to hush him. She stood up walking around the kitchen hoping he would calm down. He'd been fed, changed, warm and everything that corresponded with his daily needs. 

Walking outside she made her way to the middle of the field before sitting down and placing the sobbing child in her lap. Small bunnies came up to inspect the child before nudging the child's chubby thighs. 

His blubbering slowly turned into small sniffles as he calmed down in the presence of nature. He turned around as if noticing the stare on his head. 

"Mama" he sniffled. Emery was shocked, her jaw literally dropped. Harry had always called her Emery or Em. Never had he called her something like that. A huge smile lit her face before she threw the child in the air catching him as his squeals filled the land. 

It was something like a dream come true. She had never really thought about having kids before. Her magic and everything made it incredibly hard for her so she never really bothered. Of course, it was a dream of hers to have a small little baby and now it was true. Sure they weren't biologically related but she couldn't care less. 

"Yeah baby" she murmured into his ear. "Mama's right here" she cooed. Rocking him in her arms she felt him slowly rest his head on her shoulder grabbing onto her shirt for security. She could feel his breaths come out in relaxed pants indicating he was asleep. 

Glancing up at the sky she smiled brightly. 

"I promise to take care of your little boy," she whispered. 

She stood up and slowly walked back to her small little cottage. 

"I promise"