Chapter XXVlll

Emery woke up the next day bright and early

Emery woke up the next day bright and early. Sirius moaned next to her before drawing her close to him. She whined in protest, getting up and straddling his waist.

"Get up." She whined, prodding him in the cheek. He swatted her hand in the process. She smiled at him cheekily as she proceeded to yap on about all the Australian things she had to show them.

He swept a strand of her hair behind her ear, smiling up at her. Emery turned a shade of red before hopping of him and running over to the bathroom.

Sirius chuckled after the girl before heading downstairs to see Tonks and Remus cooking. There was a stack of pancakes nearby which led Sirius to grab the first one stuffing it into his mouth.

"Sirius" Remus reprimanded. Sirius turned to look at him wide-eyed with his mouth filled with pancake. He looked like a kid caught with his hand caught in a cookie jar.

"What's the plan for today?" Tonks questioned, washing dishes and laying them to rest.

"I don't actually know but I'm sure that Emery had got a-" Sirius began but was cut off by a poof of smoke appeared, leaving them all coughing and swatting at the air.

"Never fear my fun and furry friends. Emery is here" she sang. The three of them looked at her incredulously as she swept into the room bangs bellowing away from her face.

"Really?" Remus questioned, eyebrow raised.

"Now today we've got the most exciting day" Emery gushed, completely ignoring Remus.

"So what's first of?" Tonks questioned, wiping her hand on a tea towel.

"It's a surprise!" She squealed before dashing up the stairs, they could hear her running before turning back and tripping over her feet.

"Wait! You also need to dress comfortably" she yelled, before continuing through the halls leaving the other chuckling. 

In ten minutes they were done and waiting at the door. Emery came bounding down the stairs with joy.

"Let's go" she squealed.

They all piled into the car and wove through the streets. There were peals of laughter shared and small talk before they arrived at a racing track.

Emery bounced out practically vibrating with try excitement.

"Surprise!" She shrieked.

"Oh my gosh-" Sirius murmured

"I know" she screamed in delight.