Chapter VII

Sirius black hated his house

Sirius black hated his house. It was personal, the home was filled with horrors that made him cringe. He tried his very best to forget all about it but sometimes in the late of the night, he could hear the small memories creeping back to him. 

"You ok?" A sweet melody flooded his ears. He turned to see Emery standing by the door. Her frame was leaning against its. She looked gorgeous in the dark, the way her hair went down to her collarbones. He wanted to run his fingers along them. 

He watched as she gently wandered up to him before settling on the armrest of the couch. Her feet were placed on the cushion gently nudging his thigh. He held his hand out for her, which she placed in his. Tugging gently, he allowed her to collapse onto him with a small squeal. Cradling her to his chest he turned back to the fire.

She sighed. she knew she wasn't getting out of this hold anytime soon, not that she minded anyways. Nestling into the warmth, she could smell the scent of cigarettes and firewhiskey that emitted from him.  Although the scents didn't surprise she could smell the distinct smell of cinnamon. You know the sweet smell of apple pie or french toast. 

"You wanna talk about it" she murmured, watching as he downed a sip of firewhiskey from his cup. He shook his head, there were things about his life he'd rather no one knew about. The small moments when he'd feel like an absolute disappointment, or the moment when he'd feel so undeniably angry. 

She hummed deep in thought. Harry started his 5th year soon and she had the strongest feeling shit was about to go down. 

She glanced up at Sirius, admiring the way the flames highlighted his features. He looks younger no, the way his hair was no longer brushed, but a mess of fluff. She watched as he gently closed his eyes, sighing deeply. 

She stared at him for the longest time. His head was angled right in front of hers. She admired the way his nose would scrunch up every time a cold drift of wind floated through. Or the way his mouth would curl up into a small at random moments. She admired how childlike he looked at that exact moment. Free from all the struggles of the world.

She slowly brought her hand up and lightly traced the length of his nose. She connected the freckles on him, though it was hard because he didn't have a lot. She travelled up to his forehead before writing his name in cursive with her finger. She slid her hand down before cupping his cheek in her hand. She watched as he leaned into her touch. 

His eyes flew open to see a beautiful blue staring back at him. There were small flecks of gold staring right back at him, almost immediately they shifted to a beautiful gold, the gold that he loved. He watched as they shone like stars in the night sky, creating a safe atmosphere. 

As her eyes flashed gold, he watched as a flower crown slowly began to embroid and lay on his head. It really was beautiful. Small daisies littered the crown with flecks of different colours. The smell was just as gorgeous as it was. Of course, daisies emitted a lovely smell, but you distinctly smell the scent of the ocean, the way she smelt. 

She watched as he pulled her fingers away from his cheek before laying small dainty kisses on each of her fingertips. A warm blush coated her cheeks and Sirius couldn't help but smile. Her blush was adorable, and it filled him with warmth to know that he had caused it. 

He held her hand in his enclosed one. He pulled her close before laying a kiss on her forehead. Leaning his forehead against hers he sighed. She could feel his breath on her nose and she hummed in happiness. 

Before more could occur, there were footsteps trudging down the hallway. Harry soon appeared in their line of vision, being half asleep did have its points because he didn't seem to notice both of them together. 

Emery made a move to get up but was pulled back down by Sirius. Harry mumbled some nonsense before collapsing into Sirius's arms. He curled them around the younger boy before letting out a happy sigh. 

It was almost as good as he imagined. He had the girl he was incredibly infatuated with, in his arm and his godson in the other. Harry mumbled more nonsense before grasping his mother's hand. Emery smiled softly at the sight of Harry with his godfather. If you ever doubted his love before, this was proof that his love was more than words could ever explain. 

"He really loves you" she whispered looking at him. He looked back at his godson with nothing but adoration. He turned back to Emery. 

"I love him, more than words could ever describe" He whispered back, glancing to see a warm look in Emery's eyes. She was glad that he did hold a certain love for him, whether.

Sirius turned his head to look at Harry, he wasn't asleep but was slowly dosing off. Sirius started humming the soft tunes of a song Emery was familiar with. Harry, snuggled closer into the humming body.

"Mama" he murmured. She gave a small smile at the name.  

"Hey baby, I'm here" she soothed softly. 

"I love that song mama" he cooed. 

"I know you do" she claimed to look softly. She glanced at Sirius to see him smiling at her. 

"Can you sing it" he muttered. 

"Of course." who was she to deny him

"Je te laisserai des mots"

"En-dessous de ta porte"

"En-dessous de la lune qui chante"

"Tout près de la place où tes pieds passent"

"Cachès dans les trous d'un temps d'hiver"

"Et quand tu es seule pendant un instant..." 

"Embrasse-moi"

"Quand tu voudras"

"Embrasse-moi" 

"Quand tu voudras" 

"Embrasse-moi"

"Quand tu voudras"