Chapter XXXIX

"Walburga get downstairs" Pollux Black yelled, ushering his eldest daughter

"Walburga get downstairs" Pollux Black yelled, ushering his eldest daughter. The 7-year-old girl walked down the stairs with the elegance of a well-nurtured pureblood.

Pollux stood with his 3-year-old son Alphard, who was fiddling with one of the buttons on Pollux's shirt. Pollux frowned at the sneer present on his wife's face and the constant tugging that she was doing to his daughter.

"Leave her Irma" Pollux commanded, grabbing his daughters hand. They apparated on the spot leaving Irma Crabbe, now Black, standing with a frown on her face.

"You two behave yourself alright" Pollux muttered, glancing at his two kids.

"Don't worry father," Walburga reassured before glancing at her little brother who was prodding at a plant nearby him.

"Worry about him" she sneered, slightly pushing her brother causing him to stumble slightly and pout.

"Leave your brother Walburga" Pollux reprimanded. The trio, who were joined by Irma, continued into the great hall for the reunion.

"Pollux" Leo Malfoy murmured, shaking the other man's hand.

"Leo" he greeted, looking for his children to ensure that they were safe. He saw his daughter being scolded by her mother for something stupid. 

The marriage between Irma and him was nothing but a business transaction. Now the Black's held the money and power from the Crabbe's and heirs to carry on their blood. He had believed in that concept years ago but after meeting Athena, had decided that the life he had originally wanted was not the best thing he could have. 

"Poll!" A voice shrieked and before he knew it a girl was barreling into him. He smiled, which he did rarely, and scooped the younger girl into his arms. He span them around in a circle before placing her back on her feet. The girl giggled before noticing the little boy and scooping him up into her arms, cooing at the small infant who swallowed up all the attention, something all Black men had in common. 

"Hey Thena" Pollux muttered, watching at how she interacted with his kids. She would've made a great mother and his parents had sent a marriage proposal which was denied by Athena's relatives. Seeing the way she interacted with children honestly made him wish he had had kids with her but the fates were ever so cruel. 

"How you doing old man" she teased, watching as his eyes crinkled in slight annoyance. 

"I'm 5 years older than you" he muttered, eyes automatically looking for the child that his partner had. 

"Still married to that awful wrench?" Athena grumbled, glaring at the woman who was chatting with some other pureblood women. Pollux let out a snort. 

"I hate her." He claimed, downing the rest of his firewhiskey. "She's bloody awful and already wants Walburga in a marriage arrangement." 

"She's insane. Wally's only 7"