Chapter II

The home was very unpleasant

The home was very unpleasant. Dark and dusty. Very different from their flower escape. Emery watched as Harry headed upstairs to see his friends. She walked further down the hall to see the Weasleys, Remus and more of the order. 

"What's she doing here" Molly Weasley questioned.

"Harry had a bit of a breakdown, insisted that she came with us" Sirius explained. 

"Don't lie, Harry batted his eyelids once and Sirius was on his knees" she snorted. He glared at her, but there was no real hatred in the glare. 

"Apparently, your son and Hermione are only friends with him because of his money." Sirius quirked an eyebrow. The silence was suffocatingly awkward. Molly had both eyebrows drawn in and a small frown tugging at her lips. 

Emery burst out laughing, a small smile tugged on Sirius's face. The atmosphere almost immediately lightening. 

"Sorry, sorry. I taught Harry when he was little that if you really want something, you got to make them feel upset or guilty" She humoured. 

"Harry should have landed in Slytherin under your care" Sirius muttered, hopping onto the counter next to Emery. 

"Oh, he didn't tell you?" she pondered. 

"Tell me what" Sirius drawled 

"Harry asked the hat to be in Gryffindor. The hat told him he'd do great things in Slytherin" She explained before zapping the tub of Nutella into her hand. She scooped some on a spoon before popping it in her mouth, humming in delight. 

"Why am I not surprised" Remus tutted. He observed Sirius, who had just stolen the jar from Emery and was spooning Nutella into his mouth. He had leaned away from Emery putting it out of her reach and laughing when she had huffed. 

"What?" she stated incredulously. "I raised him to work smarter, not harder."

At that exact moment, Harry had chosen the right time to start screaming at his friends. The adults below all glanced up in question before slowly glancing at Emery. 

"I did not teach him that." She held her arms in a surrender motion, before stealing the Nutella back. 

After a while, the kids all decided to come down for dinner. Harry beelined towards his mother and Sirius before wrapping his arms around her midsection and resting his head on her chest. She glanced down before running her fingers through his hair. 

"What was all that up there" she muttered, resting her chin on his head. 

"I just wish people would keep me informed. It's not like they're the ones that have the whole bloody world relying on them," he muttered exhausted. He looked at his mother. Her eyes always brought him comfort, gold or blue. 

Emery offered him a spoon of Nutella which he gobbled down before resting his head again. 

"I bet this is how Michelle felt" she murmured after a moment of silence between the two. Harry raised his head with a look of disbelief on his face. He pushed her away grumbling about how childish his mother was. Emery let out a bark of laughter before joining her son, sitting across. 

"Stop making everything about the Bachelorette" he grumbled before tucking his chair in. 

"I'm just trying to help you see that Michelle deserves more, and we both know who's best for her" she teased. 

"Yeah, yeah" he muttered before joining the convo. 

As they were about to eat, everyone paused to assess Emery. She had her head bowed and hands clenched together, muttering below her breath. When she was done she muttered Amen before glancing up. Even Harry was looking at her weirdly.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures" she forced out with an awkward laugh. before serving some food for Harry. 

Harry and Emery were off in their own world, discussing certain features of the muggle world that they were not even remotely interested in. It mostly consisted of teasing Harry about anything she could. 

"He has a right to know Molly!" Sirius barked 

"It's not your decision" She screamed back

"What do you mean, I'd die to be in a movie like that" Emery sighed dreamily.

"That's only because you're in love with absolutely anything. You need to find someone otherwise you'll probably end up marrying Steven, our pot plant." 

"He's not a child Molly" Sirius fired back

"He's not an adult either" She ground out. 

"How dare you suggest that! I would not curse Chris Hemsworth for a photo" Emery sounded as dramatic as she could get.

"Really!" Harry smiled.

"Nope. I'd sell you to the dark lord so that I can marry Chris Hemsworth"

"Mama!" 

"He's not your son" Molly claimed 

"Who else does he have then?"

"Please, try vegemite first and then you can talk to me about banana candy" 

"Ew. Banana candy isn't even that bad. Vegemite tastes like dirt"

"And how would you know what dirt tastes like, dear Harold"

"Don't even ask" 

"Ok how about we all calm down for a second" Remus muttered, massaging his temples. He had heard both conversations and to say that he thought he'd grown dumber in that moment than ever before, would not be a lie. 

"Harry's mother is here, how about she decides" He stated, turning to Emery.

"What" she muttered staring around, not even realising that there'd been a conversation going on outside of hers. 

"Harry has the right to know about Voldermort." Sirius ground out. 

"Oh," she glanced at Harry who was sitting across her. The two of them just stared into each other. Blue met Green. A silent conversation rang through their eyes and movements. She narrowed her eyes and his grew larger. She arched a brow and he gave a sheepish smile. 

She let out a sigh. "He can know" she stated clearly. 

Molly let out a laugh of surprise. "How could you let him listen about a man that's out to kill him?" she questioned in rage. 

Harry shifted to get up but a swift kick in the shin kept him in his chair. 

"This one time when Harry was 5, I told him that he couldn't play outside one afternoon. He got so angry, it was adorable if I'm being honest. In the next 5 minutes, he had somehow crawled out the window and slipped through. Ended up breaking his arm though." she told. 

"I've learnt over time that Harry is as stubborn as a mule. So regardless of what I say he'll find a way of learning what he wants too. Best do it in my presence, it'll make me feel a lot better"

There was a silent understanding. 

"Now, spill the tea sis."