Chapter V

If there was another thing to know about Emery, was that she was not a morning person

If there was another thing to know about Emery, was that she was not a morning person. Whether it be from the amount of sleep or the place she slept. She was always grumpy in the morning. 

Grumbling down the stairs, she tripped over her own feet flying forward before steadying herself. Her hair was a knotted mess on her head, and she had checkered pants paired with an oversized t-shirt. The shirt slipped off her shoulder exposing the freckled skin. 

She spotted black hair before tumbling into the vacant seat next to Harry and resting her head on his stomach. 

"Mama" Harry snickered.

"Mmm" she groaned back

"That's not me" he snorted. 

"Oh, my bad" she made no move to get up. She instead, burrowed her head further into whoever's stomach. She could feel fingers threading into her hair, slowly pulling apart whatever knot that had formed in her hair. 

Sirius was most definitely not expecting his morning to start off like this. He watched as the ethereal beauty stumbled down the stairs falling straight into his lap. He was surprised but didn't jerk. 

Her hair was soft, incredibly so. It reminded him of his brother, Regulus. Weird connection, but on summer nights when things got bad, he'd creep into Sirius's bedroom and lay his head on his older brother's chest. 

"Oh Emery dear, you should be awake by now. Would you like some coffee dear" Molly asked. Breakfast had been served a moment ago, but Emery never really ate. 

"No, I'm good thanks." Her voice was muffled. 

"Well then dear, you wouldn't mind helping with cleaning around" 

Emery sat up with a start, eyes wide. God, she hated cleaning. The house was always a mess if it wasn't for Harry. She glanced at Harry and watched as he covered his mouth, snickering. 

"What type of help?" she questioned. 

"Oh, that's great dear. Just mop up all the dirt on the floor" Molly ordered before turning to order the rest of the room. Emery had to fight the urge to mock her behind her back, but she soon realised she was not 5. 

Glancing at Harry, her eyes widened. His narrowed. A smile grew on both their faces. With both hands stretched out, they shook hands finalising the deal. 

"Ok, what are you two up to now" Sirius tutted glancing between the mischievous duo. 

"Nothing" They both spoke. 

Just as Molly left the room, Emery ran up the stairs, Harry in tow. 

Hours passed before Molly summoned everyone down for Lunch. Before much could happen Emery came slipping down the stairs way too fast. She tripped over the last step and fell back first onto the ground. Glancing up she noticed a certain red-head girl standing over her. 

Slowly getting up, she saw Harry coming at her at a similar speed. She tried to get up forgetting all about the mop shoes she had on which meant she slipped again landing on her face this time, and Harry sprawled on her back. 

"I told you to put less soap you wanker" Emery scowled, before slowly kneeling to stand up, she slipped a couple of times before latching onto the couch. 

"I only put a cup" Harry barked back. 

"The instructions asked for half of that dumbass"

"You said to put a cup"

"I did no such thing"

"Yeah you did, you dared me to do that and then run down the hall for 20 pounds" 

"I would ne- Oh wait, no I definitely did that"

A moment of silence elapsed between the two.

"So, where's my money"

"Psh, you'd thought I'd actually give 20 pounds. Dumbass" 

 "What is the meaning of this!" Molly Weasley screamed. Soapy suds littered the Hallway and their mop shoes were now on display.  

The two glanced at each other before pointing a finger at Hermione. Hermione let out a squeak in outrage. 

"You know what. I don't even want to know. Clean this up and join us for lunch" Molly commanded. 

The two troublemakers cleaned up their mess with the help of Emery's magic before heading downstairs to sit in their usual seats across from each other. 

Remus raised his head to glance at the two before muttering about the loss of brain cells. He glanced and analysed Sirius. He was now sitting next to Harry, so directly opposite him. He pretended not to notice, but a blind man could note the way Sirius was staring at Emery. Like she was the sun to his moon. 

"Harry my love" Emery sang

"What do you want, bother Remus" Harry grumbled before placing his head on the cold wood. It was cool on the searing heat of his scar. 

Emery glanced at him in concern before glancing at him, eyes flicking gold, she relieved some of the pain that the scar was giving him. 

Moments later, Sirius pulled Harry away to show him a photo of the original Order of the Phoneix. Emery had gone to collect Harry so that they could enjoy some fresh air but stopped outside the door when she heard talking. 

"I miss them, Sirius," Harry whispered, brushing his fingers over his parents fondly.

"I know, Harry, I know. I miss them too" he sighed. It wasn't a lie. He did miss the good old days where there was no betrayal. Just breaking the rules, hanging out with friends, studying for stupid tests that'd never matter. Days where James wasn't dead. 

"I know I'm not your father Harry, but I'll always be there for you. You've got me and your mother" Harry cracked a smile at that. 

"I don't think I could get rid of her even if I tried," Harry spoke with a fond tone.  

"Harry my dear, I'm bored" Emery spoke, underneath, she was over the moon. She knew that Harry loved her but these small moments always made her glitter with joy. 

"Well I was not made to entertain you" He reprimanded.

"Bet I could find someone who could" she stated wiggling her eyebrows.

"Mama!"