Chapter XLV

"Wait let me get this straight" Remus uttered

"Wait let me get this straight" Remus uttered. "Your brother cursed you with immortality"

"Correct"

"And we've all pretty much descended from you or your brother"

"Also correct"

"Your brother is Mer-"

"Yes! Everything you ask me is correct." Emery stated, frustrated at the ongoing questions. Sirius and Harry had not had a lot of time to soak in the information and it was slowly working at their brains.

"Who was Arthur then?" Sirius asked, breaking the silence.

"No way," Hermione said, holding her hands out to show her shock. "You met Arthur Pendragon?! Like King Arthur!"

"He was my friend" Hermione squealed at the answer. Emery chuckled at the enthusiastic girl.

"Does that mean you knew Morgana le Fay?" Ron asked. Emery grew silent at the question. Morgana's betrayal had hit her the hardest and she still hadn't gotten over it.

"The two were incredibly close, people often mistook them for sisters" another voice answered. Everyone turned to look at Emmett or Merlin.

"The biggest mistake I've ever made" Emery muttered.

"No one hated you for loving her, bad or good," Emmett said, patting her shoulder reassuringly.

"Wait... that man from the amusement park!" Tonks claimed, wagging her finger to express her thoughts.

"Elijah" she murmured with a small smile. "He was a friend when I attended Beaubaxtons, right before I actually attended Hogwarts."

"So you did attend Hogwarts. Just not with us" Remus linked.

"I did. With Sirius's grandfather." Everyone turned to look at Sirius, whose eyes were wide.

"My grandfather, Pollux Black. The evil Black" he said in astonishment.

"One of my biggest regrets was leaving him like that," Emery murmured.

"It was his stupid wife Irma. I warned him not to marry that wrench and he did" she fumed.

"Are you sure your leaving had nothing to do with it?" Sirius asked.

"He was like a father to me, I can only assume that it hurt him the same way it hurt me" she whispered, her eyes filled with loss.

"Why'd you hide it" Harry uttered for the first time that evening. Everyone turned to look at him yet he only had eyes on Emery.

"Oh baby, I would've told you but I was scared" she cried.

"Of what?"

"That I'd outlive you one day and perhaps by hiding it from you I was able to pretend that everything was normal for once."

"Mama, you could've told me" he whispered. "Hiding from the truth won't make it disappear."

Emery let out a watery chuckle. "When did you become so smart?" She commented, pulling him into a hug.

"Somethings changed though" Merlin commented. She turned to glance at him and nodded her head.

"Killgarah spoke to me"

"Wait who is Killgarah?" Tonks asked.

"One of the last great dragons to live. Very fond of Emery, not much me" he frowned.

"That's cause you were always demanding things from the poor thing"

"Poor thing, yeah right" Merlin muttered. "What did he tell you?"

"He gave me a chance. I can rid myself of immortality or continue to live with it. But I have to decide before Christmas"

The group was quiet before there was a round of cheer. Emery was pulled into a hug by Harry and laughed when Tonks gave her a kiss.

Sirius and Merlin were the only two not laughing. Both for completely different reasons.

And with that, Emery watched as her brother stormed out of the house slamming the door on his way out.