Chapter X

Meanwhile, Harry pulled Draco along with him finding an empty compartment

Meanwhile, Harry pulled Draco along with him finding an empty compartment. He proceeded to usher him inside before sitting opposite him trying to spot his mother. 

Draco looked at him incredulously. As if noticing his stare Harry turned back before flashing him a cheeky grin. Draco furrowed his eyebrows in concern. He slowly reached out his hand placing it on Harry's forehead and checking if his forehead was hot. 

Harry made a noise out the back of his throat, shoving his hand off. 

"What are you doing Potter?" He questioned. 

"Nothing, unless you want me to?" Harry wiggled his eyebrows in a teasing manner. He watched as Draco's cheeks flushed a vibrant red as he mumbled about Emery being a horrible influence. 

The two sat in silence for a while, Draco reading a book and Harry watching the scenery pass by. A few moments passed before a Hufflepuff in their grade, his last name Peter or something, knocked on their cabin. 

Draco tensed slightly before glancing at Harry who was watching the scene with interest. Standing up he gestured with his head to the left, both of them leaving Harry's line of sight. After a couple of minutes, Draco returned with a white stick in his mouth. Harry gaped in surprise, the pureblood Draco Malfoy, sucking on a cigar.

"Shut your mouth Potter" he exclaimed, tilting his head back and sucking in the smoke. Instead of reprimanding, Harry stuck his hand out. Lifting an eyebrow, Draco beckoned him towards him. Hesitantly, Harry walked over only to be yanked onto Draco's lap. 

Harry looked up at Draco through his eyelashes, moving around nervously. Groaning lowly, Draco grabbed Harry's throat, slightly squeezing. He brought the cigar to his lips before sucking it in, squeezing Harry's lips to slightly open his mouth before blowing the smoke into his throat. 

Frozen, Harry immediately coughs the smoke that had been blown into his mouth. Rubbing his back, Draco sigh deeply before pushing Harry into the seat next to him before getting up and leaving the cabin. 

Harry was left standing in the cabin where Draco had just left confused as fuck. Draco had never remotely shown interest in the boy, but now he was more than sure that Draco was a bloody wanker. Harry had tried since 3rd year to remove any feelings he had for Draco, only for the boy to stroll right up to him and kick them all back into him. 

Sighing heavily, he looked outside to glance at his surroundings. The train ride always helped him see the beauty of the world away from the struggles of his life. 

Before more thought could be put into his mind, his 2 best friends entered the cabin wondering where he was. He glanced back outside and watched as his friends went back to doing their own thing. 

Not long after, they had arrived in Hogwarts and were sitting in the great hall eating foods of many varieties. Placing his head in his hand he glanced at his food before deciding he wasn't quite hungry. 

Everyone headed off the bed pretty fast but Harry sat on the windowsill watching the castle slowly fade into the late hours of the night and early of the morning. Groaning slightly, he decided to walk around the castle or just sit outside. 

Grabbing his invisibility cloak and a hoodie before slipping outside. 

When Harry was given the invisibility cloak, he and Emery had a ball using it. They would sneak up on each other all the time and scare the living shit out of anybody. They accidentally went too far to scaring a small deer, which led the father to literally chasing them around the daisy field until he tackled them. 

He missed his mother a lot. Of course, he'd seen her only a few hours ago. But she was his lifeline regardless, without her he didn't know where'd he be. Probably dead. 

Sitting outside he laid under the stars before slowly slipping into the coping method he had created. It was another thing he and Emery had in common. Their love for the dark and night. Harry loved that when it was dark he didn't have to be Harry Potter, the boy who lived, or as Emery called him, the Dark Lord slayer. 

He didn't have the whole world relying on him, no one made him do things, no one mattered. Not Voldermort, not Dumbeldore, not Snape. No one. 

He was so caught up in his thoughts and worries he didn't notice someone taking a seat next to him until he smelt the cigar. 

"Two visits in one day, I must be special" he murmured admiring the stars. 

"You are" he whispered back, slowly sucking on the death stick. A moment of silence elapsed between the two children. So young, yet they'd seen horrors some could only dream about. 

"You're going to catch a cold" Harry muttered, glancing at Draco's outfit. He wore a flimsy pureblood fitted outfit. It looked to be made of silk and barely suitable for the cold 2 am air. 

"Sorry, mum. Would you rather I wore something else" he sneered. 

Harry glanced at him but found he had no energy to fight back. In all honesty, he couldn't be bothered. The early hours of the day were the only hours he didn't have to be Harry Potter. He wasn't going to waste it arguing with Draco Malfoy. 

Glancing at Harry, he was surprised. There were no comebacks, no side comments. Nothing. If Draco wasn't concerned before, he was now. He hesitated. He was Draco fucking Malfoy. He didn't need to apologise to the boy next to him. But he was Harry motherfucking Potter and he drove him up the wall. 

"I'm sorry" he apologised. It was as sincere as he knew to be. 

"S' good" Harry muttered back before glancing back at the stars. The boys just stared in silence. There was no light near Hogwarts which meant that the stars were as pure and beautiful as you could get them. 

They sat together for hours till the sun slowly raised itself welcoming its lover for an hour before they soon became forbidden to see each other. Draco glanced to his left to see that Harry was fast asleep, laying his head on his arm. 

Draco didn't want to disturb him so he let him lay there. Casting a quick heating charm he disappeared into the crowd. He wasn't too worried about leaving Harry because he knew that soon someone would see him and wake him. 

Draco had never really seen Harry the way he did last night. It was like there was nothing left in him. He was just the body of a dead corpse and it worried him to no end. Shaking his head, Draco sighed. Draco had too much worry about and he couldn't let himself become immersed in the boy. 

Though he did wish he could, Draco Malfoy never had anything easy. If he wanted something it always came with a consequence. 

After all, life was too cruel to Draco Malfoy.