Chapter XXX

The conversation from the night before was forgotten and the two remained close

The conversation from the night before was forgotten and the two remained close. Although it remained forgotten, it didn't mean Emery wasn't thinking about it all the time. She wanted to tell him everything but she couldn't, because the last time she did it hurt a lot more.

It was relatively quiet so early in the morning and Emery found herself seated on the porch, looking out at the sea. She took in a deep breath, welcoming the smell of the ocean as they greeted each other like lost friends.

Emery had lost a lot of people over the years but the only thing that remained there for her was nature and most importantly the sea. She loved swimming in it, getting lost in it. The wide ocean filled with nothing but wonder and secrets. It was like her, a mystery to others around her but home to the countless demons and thoughts in her head.

"It's been a while" A voice spoke behind her.

"It has" she claimed, not moving her head once.

"You've always loved the sea" The man murmured taking a seat beside her. She kept her head forward refusing the acknowledge the man next to her.

"And you the forest"

"You remember?"

"You may be a dick Merls but you're the only family I have left that knows me. You're still my brother" Emery told, glancing at him. He had the same piercing eyes as her but his hair was now in a buzz cut with sunglasses hooked on his shirt collar.

"I know" he sighed out.

"Any reason for your visit?" she asked. There was a silence that elapsed between the two of them before Merlin spoke again.

"I missed you"

Emery didn't know how to respond. Merlin had been the cause of the majority of her pain and she couldn't forgive him for what he did as it hurt her a lot. She wanted her brother back of course, but was she really willing to forgive him?

"You hurt me" she spoke to him

"I know"

"Do you? Do you honestly realise all the grief and pain you caused me? All the times I wished I was dead instead of here in this god forbidden world that never changes" she hissed. "To be with mama again, to see all my past friends, to talk to everyone I've lost."

"I do, I really do," Merlin spoke, honesty threaded into his tone.

"I can forgive you," she spoke, watching as his face lit up in happiness. He was about to interrupt her but she held up her hand stopping him.

"Forgiving and forgetting are very different things though. I will never forget what you did to me" she spoke, spitting out the word never.

"I completely understand" Merlin spoke, wrapping his sister in a tight hug. Emery relaxed into the hug before pulling her brother closer to her.