No. 7

The sheer tension that was now enveloped around the Brooks residence was impeccable. Greta could feel it tremendously and Ms. Lily was beginning to notice it.

Norene was completely submerged into doing her work without having any run-ins at all with Mr. Brooks. She knew she was being silly and childish but honestly what else was she supposed to do? Put up with his disgusting attitude?

White, Black, Asian... She was not putting up with that. She wouldn't do it in a way to lose her job but just enough to draw the line of what she is and is not willing to compromise with him on.

"What's with you and Mr. Brooks?" Diana whispered. "Nothing." Norene shrugged. "It's like you can't get away from each other fast enough."

Norene sighed a little annoyed. Now that her and Levi's obvious dislike for each other has become very apparent, everyone and their mothers want to be in on the details of her personal life and her relationship with him.

Like she would ever be in a relationship with the likes of someone like him. Norene scoffed.

"Relax Diana, Mr. Brooks doesn't like colored folk." Fiona's sultry voice came from around the corner. Norene often wondered what a woman like Fiona was doing here and not in some mansion with a money making man.

She was a little taller than Norene with olive tanned skin. She had Jet black full hair that trailed all the way to her rear. Her bone structure was astonishing and there wasn't a blemish on her skin.

She had proportional curves to her slim body which Norene honestly was a little lacking. And her crystal blue eyes contrasted so perfectly with her dark hair.

Such a nasty personality for such a drop dead gorgeous woman.

"I'm not insinuating that he does b-but-"

"Stop coat tailing off of negros Diana to fit in somewhere. I know you don't have many friends... if you have any at all but seriously it is getting embarrassing."

"Enough Fiona go buzz on some where else. Don't you talk to her like that." Norene stepped in front of Diana.

"Please spare me, you think she really is inviting to blacks? She would turn on you in a blitz. Diana hangs around with Greta and Georgia because she is a gossiping brat who is vindictive and lost her other companions." Fiona laughed. Diana looked like she wanted to sink into the ground. She was mortified that she had no guts to stand up against Fiona like this.

"Diana go help Greta, Maggie, and Georgia set the table." Norene sighed. Diana whizzed away from the scene leaving the two girls alone.

"Just because you're miserable here doesn't mean you have the right to be nasty and rude to every one else." Norene mumbled to the woman who then scoffed. "Oh get off your high horse. This is why Mr. Brooks can't stand your a**. You have been here for a month and think you run the place. I don't know why the three musketeers follow your every move."

Norene decided she had enough of Fiona's nagging and just went into the kitchen to start dinner. Levi passed by but didn't acknowledge her to her relief. And honestly she thought of Fiona's words. Did she think too highly of herself?

Was she doing too much when she didn't have the right to?

"Focus on food Norene." She rolled her eyes and went about her way. "He's coming to dinner you know." Georgia taunted Greta who held a scowl on her face.

"I don't know why that concerns me." Greta kept her composure.

"Our prim and proper Greta had a love affair." Georgia grinned. Norene raised her eyebrows and looked at her. Greta sighed and looked away playing with the rings on her fingers.