No. 44

Norene was up early in the morning as the chirping birds woke her up. She yawned stretching her body feeling as though yesterday was a dream.

A big cheesy grin spread on her face as she laid back and covered her face with her hands and internally squealed. Levi was really here in the northeast.

He flew across the country on a plane to see her. He HATES heights but he did it for her. Norene couldn't wait to see him today. She couldn't wait to just be with him again.

Before Levi left yesterday, unknown to Dana, Norene made sure to tell him to come back early in the morning around 5:30 so they could spend some time together.

Her brothers were not working this week so she knew they would sleep until 11 am. She just needed her own personal time to be with him before her brothers grew past their fear and decided to interrogate him.

She got up and started to shower and dress for the day. She needed to be careful and use a ledge in the bathroom to shower. Last thing she needed was to fall.

This dang baby was huge now after being hidden for so long. Norene couldn't wait to see if it was a little boy or girl. She wanted to squeeze them tight and shower them with love and affection. She could tell Levi was excited to meet them as well.

He was going to be an amazing father. Norene was glad he was who would be the father to her first child. Hopefully he would be the father to the rest as well.

Norene decided not to think about where they go from here or where they live. All that matters in the moment is that they love each other and they have a baby on the way.

Once she was done showering she dried off and lotioned in her room before dressing herself. She wore a lot of flowy dresses because of this pregnancy rather than skirts. There was more flexibility and less restriction with her stomach taking up so much room.

She made sure she looked presentable and her hair looked fine before quietly walking down stairs.

Norene couldn't even contain the smile on her face as she heard a knock on the door. She almost made it to the door in perfect timing before she nearly had a heart attack to see Dana sitting in the living room.

"Geez Dana! Boy you almost killed me!" She gasped catching her breath. Dana pursed his lips glaring at his sister.

"And where do you think you are going?" Dana crossed his arms. Norene rolled her eyes. "I'm going for a walk."

"With the white guy?" He sounded skeptical. Norene sighed. "Yes Dana. And his name is Levi."

He shook his head. "Norene I'm not comfortable with this." Norene scoffed but inhaled her annoyance. Dana was just a little overbearing but he did have good intentions.

"Dana I'm not doing this with you. I'll be fine he will take care of me, believe it or not he always has...I understand you just hover because you're protective but you need to respect my boundaries and the fact that I'm grown. Just because I am a woman does not make me naive and clueless. Levi and I are going to have a child together any day now. We aren't strangers."

Dana still had a look of disapproval on his face. Norene walked up to him and cupped his cheeks. "I appreciate you looking after me Dana honestly. But it's time you learn how to treat me like an adult. I'll be back by noon latest."

Dana sighed and nodded with a wave off before pausing. "Noon? It's 5:50 what are you going to be doing for 6 hours-"

Norene snickered opening the door as Dana made gagging noises behind her. She smiled as Levi stood patiently waiting for her.