No. 10

Norene has seen siblings that were similar in features but never identical hair color and eyes color. Sarah-Grace Morrison-Brooks looked like the perfect debutante. She was tall as well but just as tall as Norene.

She looked like she was straight out of vogue, Norene thought Fiona was flawless but Levi's sister might have her beat. Goodness what did they drink in the south to have these amazing features? So far every woman she has met: black, white, native, Asian, hispanic descent, have all been gorgeous.

Sarah's dark brown chestnut hair was curly and flowed past her shoulders. Her green eyes just like Levi's were piercing but her glare was straight up dislike unlike his of intimidation and curiosity.

The woman beside her was stunning as well. A petite woman with brown eyes, strawberry blonde hair and a look of discomfort and sadness on her face. This must be Levi's ex wife.

Norene immediately snatched her hand out of Levi's at the sight of the company in the door. Levi stared at her before returning to the problem in front of him. "What are you doing here and what are you doing here with Evangeline?" He nearly growled out.

Evangeline winced at his tone. "Lee-" Eva tried to speak but all it took was one look from him to silence her into submission.

"What are YOU doing is the real question you a**!" Sarah shrieked. "I haven't seen you in two years and I learn through the grape vine that you divorced Eva and now you're avoiding her?!"

Norene felt bad for Evangeline. She looked like she really didn't want to be here. Georgia said the girl was hooked on Levi but right now she looked embarrassed. Norene couldn't tell what was true and what was not but it surely wasn't any of her business.

"My marriage is none of your business Sarah. Let's step somewhere else and talk." Levi gritted through his teeth trying to be polite to his sister.

"Levi I-" Eva started again but this time Sarah shut her up. Levi took Sarah's arm and snatched her away from the scene awkwardly leaving Norene and Eva together.

The two women stood in silence for a moment before Eva broke it. "I'm Eva." She barely uttered. She was so soft spoken it almost sounded scripted.

"Norene." She nodded with an uncomfortable smile.

"Sorry to cause the ruckus." She admitted. "Oh don't apologize to me. I have no business being in the midst of this." Norene emphasized.

Eva frowned. "But you and Levi held hands.. are you not his lover?" Norene almost choked on the air.

"No! No, goodness no we are not lovers. He was just showing me something." Norene supposed this was the dose of reality she needed. That was wayyyy too close for comfort.

"I have to admit I do still love him...but he appears to be quite smitten with you... negro and all. I didn't know he was more accepting than Sarah-Grace." Eva laughed sadly.

Norene shook her head. "No no that's not what's happening. No interracial anything. And you only caught a glance of the situation." She was bit panicked because if this woman wanted to she could get Norene in a lot of trouble for frolicking with a white man. Her boss's son.

"Don't worry Norene... I won't be the one to tell. Sarah on the other hand is who you should worry about. But I know he does fancy you. He never held my hand. He doesn't like to and he never looked at me like how he looked at you as you let go." She looked off with some tears in her eyes.