No. 38

Enjoy the chapter... :))))))

I personally couldn't stand them not talking

Levi yawned stretching out in his hotel bed. He had been travelling for 2 days to get himself all the way back to Austin from Cheyenne, Wyoming it was a long drive a head of him back. He was only 3 hours away now because of the frequent stops he made. Levi was not a fan of planes so most of his business trips involved him stocking on gas and driving himself. Believe it or not the big man was afraid of heights.

He couldn't wait to see his drive way. He would stop by his house before going straight to his mother's. Yes, his trip had been cut short due to his potential business partner getting sick, but that was all the better.

He could get back in time to see Norene. He wasn't going to f*ck this up. It was about time he took something Nicholas said serious. It was time for him to stop punking out on what he wanted and to just go for it. He was taking a very big risk but he couldn't wait it out anymore. He needed to see her.

He felt the pieces of his life start to fall in to place. He closed on another ranch in Texas and was looking to use the land by his house to start his own. He wanted to invest in some racing tracks and ranches so that he could completely step out of the general business world and set foot into animal agriculture and sport fully.

This new story of his that he wanted to create started with getting Norene back. He listened to the radio for as long as he could without the stations getting mangled. It lasted for a good hour and a half but the last hour was kept in silence as he drove.

Anxiously tapping his fingers on the drivers wheel as he saw the familiar signs of his home town. "About d*mn time." He exhaled in relief. His home scenery was feeling good. It gave him a sense of relief.

Levi sighed and continued on his drive making it back to his house in one peace. He thanked the Lord for safe travels and stepped outside to unload his truck full of clothes. He walked to the front door and unlocked it before stepping inside with a smile on his face. But the smile slipped a little when he processed he was home, but still so very alone in this big house.

He decided to give his mom a call to let her know he was here. Also to check in with Dani and let her know he was coming back. He brought his clothes to his room and separated the clean from the dirty so he could wash them out back when he came back from Terrell.

Once Levi thought he had everything handled he sat on the edge of his bed and gave the house a call. He began to rematch his clean socks as the phone rang. It probably rang a total of 6 times before his little sister's excited squeal came over the phone.

"Please tell me this is you Lee." Levi smiled at that. "It would in fact be me little red." Dani shrieked with excitement. "Oh Levy I am so happy to talk to you! I missed you terribly you haven't called in a week so much to catch you up on!" Dani had a little hidden tone in her phrasing that Levi caught up on.

"Mhmm...What's been going on since I last talk to you?" He pondered. Dani rambled on and on about school but then she paused and laughed. "You don't want to hear about school do you?" She probably had the grin a of cheshire cat.

"I don't mind." He partially told the truth. He didn't mind school but he definitely was calling to check in on Norene. "Goodness you are so obsessed with her." She teased him. "Yeah yeah Dani I know you're hiding something so just out with it."

"Well Norene has been doing well. Her brother Addison has come down to visit. He caught her by surprise. He has been coming by for the last 5 days." Dani explained.