No. 16

Fionas story and mindset is more explained

"Norene look alive! Goodness you're so spacey as of late." Georgia laughed. "You have been a little distant Norene is everything okay?" Greta asked skeptically.

Ever since the kiss with Levi two nights ago Norene has been in her own little fantasy world. She hasn't seen him in the past two days since the incident . He was out for business and hasn't been home since.

But he would be back tonight. "Nothing I'm fine. Just a little sleepy." She gave a quick smile. Greta eyed her and shook her head with a smirk.

"Norene be a dear and help me get the vegetables." She insisted. Norene nodded and followed Greta outside to the garden.

There was silence and a lot of tension. Norene looked at the fake calm expression Greta wore and just knew that she wanted to say something.

Greta has always had her suspicions of them. Maybe she had a hunch of Norene's new state of mind. Her new sexual interest in Levi...

She was getting sick of the tension with her dear friend greta though. It was making her nervous.

"Norene...." She trailed teasingly. Norene squinted. "What Greta? Come on."She began picking the best vegetables.

"What are you hiding?" She smirked. Norene was dumbfounded. "Greta I'm hiding nothing important!"

"Not even the bruise on your neck that was very apparent yesterday?" She grinned. Norene paled. Her hand instinctively went to cover where she remembered Levi's lips to be on the other night. Greta sent a sly smirk which notfied Norene that she just put her hand exactly where Greta probably saw the hickey.

She tried to find and excuse but she gave up and huffed.

"Oh just out with it! What do you want?" She frowned defensively.

"You and Mr. Brooks?" She raised a brow. "We aren't sleeping together." Norene looked around to see if anyone was by and she kept her voice quiet.

"But you want to?" Greta asked but she knew the answer.

"No." Norene tried to convince herself. "Norene the man obviously fancy's you. And you obviously fancy him back. You're both terrible at hiding your blatant sexual attraction."Greta tsked.

"Greta you should know of all people how dangerous it is to be with someone if another race! I am about to make the biggest mistake of my life." She chastised herself.

"Then don't. Just walk away." Greta stated the obvious. Norene chewed her lip and looked away.

"Oh you naughty girl!" Greta whisper gasped. Norene's face flushed. "Greta!" She hissed.

"You don't want to walk away. You want that man to-"

Norene covered her mouth. "Greta please! You're like Georgia right now."

Greta giggled. "Wow. I saw it coming miles away. I'm very impressed with you Norene I've never seen him so intrigued. Now what did you do?"

Norene sighed. "Pissed him off." She mumbled.

Greta laughed louder cause Norene to whine and turn back toward the house. She opened the door about to round the corner when she saw Fiona wiping her eyes.