No. 36

Another week or so had passed and Norene was less sad. She still thought about him every now and then but less sad overall. Work still occupied most of her time but Greta and Georgia were making sure she stayed social and took it easy. And it was helpful, they really helped her setting down her sadness.

Not much has changed. She only dreamt a lot more. Maybe that's where her emotions have drifted off too. It was more bearable to dream in her sleep rather than awake and be sad that he is gone.

She had important things to focus on. Such as apparently one of the restaurants she worked for has reopened back home and is looking for a head chef. Norene was considering going back if the pay beat her pay she got for Ms. Lily. Norene could potentially take ownership since that boss promised her long ago that he was seriously considering it.

She just dreaded leaving her friends and Ms. Lily. She made great company here. She sighed tapping her fingers against the table while she waited for Greta and Georgia.

Georgia was good at making meals but not dessert so she was currently practicing making something an orange flavored sponge cake. Norene was going to try it for her and give some feedback if needed.

"It's done!" Georgia chirped coming around the corner. "Finally! I've been waiting for hours." Norene dramatically sighed making Greta laugh. "Oh hush." Georgia placed it in front of her.

"It should be good." Greta patted Georgia's shoulder. Norene chuckled before taking her spoon and digging into it. She took a bite as the cake melted into her mouth.

"Very nice texture. And just the right amount of orange flavor." Norene noted. Georgia hi-fived Greta while Norene ate a little more.

Norene's chewing slowed as the taste of oranges overwhelmed her. It wasn't bad at first but as she kept eating it was just so many oranges. It reminded her of Lily's soap.

She pushed the plate away from her and closed her eyes trying to will the vomit back down her throat. "N-Norene it wasn't that bad right?" Georgia asked concerned.

Norene shook her head and cleared her throat. She though she had willed it down enough but it cam resurfacing fast. "Excuse me for one second."

Norene calmly stood up and walked to the back door. She maybe got three steps out side before she emptied her stomach.

"Norene!" Georgia gasped after her. Norene gave a thumbs up as she continued vomiting. She lowered to a squat position so she wouldn't risk getting it anywhere else. Greta was concerned as she rubbed her back.

She had a moment to breathe embarrassingly looking at her two friends. "I'll get you some water." Georgia rushed back inside.

"I don't know what is with oranges lately." Norene joked. "Norene are you sure you're okay? I don't think you should make dinner tonight." Greta frowned.

Norene tried to give her a smile of reassurance but she felt another wave reached up her throat and she was keeled over again.

Norene vomited like no ones business for another minute before Georgia came back with a water glass. Norene thanked her and took slow sips wiping the sweat off her forehead.

"Was it the cake? Goodness it was the cake wasn't it? I'm awful truly I should not be a chef." Georgia panicked making Norene giggle a little. "It wasn't your cake. It tasted good. I am just having a strange reaction to orange flavors and scents lately." Norene patted her knee.