No. 55

School is in full swing

Enjoy

"A-a boy?" Levi's face furrowed in confusion and his heart raced with miles of fear. The little bloody baby cried and whimpered as he was first experiencing the world. His lungs where no where near as loud as Avas. His little hands were balled up in fists as the nurse wiped him down.

Norene panted catching her breath as her eyes lit up at her newborn baby. Levi still holding her hand though he was currently freaking out.

"Yes a boy! I'm sure dad is ecstatic!" The doctor beamed. Clearly this doctor thought all men wanted sons but he didn't know Levi.

Levi who looked like he was stuck in a horror film.

"I-I..."

"We are so happy." Norene smiled cutting in with tears in her eyes. "Can I hold him?" She sniffled reaching her arms out towards her son. The doctors were talking to Levi but it was like all he was hearing was white noise. Eventually it got through to him that he was being asked if he wanted to cut the cord. Of course he wanted to but he was still processing everything.

Levi was truly moving in slow motion as he cut the cord. He knew he was traumatized from his own relationship with his father but he didn't realize how much it deeply impacted him until that word 'boy' came out of the doctors mouths. It completely paralyzed him. No man should be THIS afraid to have a son.

It wasn't healthy. He knew that he just had to figure out how the hell to hurdle it.

Norene wasn't sure the man had blinked yet. She could tell he was going through a major internal panic. He was always so certain his swimmers were all girls but God said 'not today Leviticus!'

He was humbled very quickly. And now he was stuck and confused on what to do.

"Oh my look at him." Norene cooed at her crying baby boy as they placed him in her arms. He was bigger than Ava was as a newborn. He was also paler.

Ava was only a couple shades lighter than Norene. Even when she came out she wasn't this light. Maybe he would get his color later. But goodness he was so cute! She hadn't seen a baby boy since her brothers were born. She didn't get the chance to see her nephew when he was born.

"Oh look at you my baby! Guess you're not a Lila after all." She looked over to her husband.

Levi was still trying to catch his breath. He was having a panic attack. His horrible relationship with father was flashing in front of his eyes. Not one good memory of his father not one single moment of good.

"Levi." She squeezed his arm to get his attention. "Do you want to hold him?" She asked. Levi looked at her with panic over his face. "I Uh....yes. I will, I just need to use the restroom first."

"Okay....and Levi?"

"Yes Darlin?" He scratched his head.

"You will hold this d*mn baby." She lowered her voice looking in his eyes. Levi nodded giving her and the baby a quick kiss before excusing himself.

Norene  sighed watching him go. She let him escape this time but her foot was going down when he came back. She could see it all over his face. How tense and pale he got when the doctor said it was a boy. He was so afraid of becoming his father he was going to risk his chances of a positive relationship with his son by hiding from him...As if a 6'6 man could hide from a tiny baby. Anyways...Over Norene's dead body would she let that happen.