No. 57

Just got accepted into Veterinary School! Texas here I come 🤍

4 years later
1961

Norene laid on her back looking up at the ceiling in complete exhaustion. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath of relief.

Her work day had been moderately long. Norene had achieved a full staff 4 months after she officially opened. Some of Lily's old employees actually went over to work there as well as some community members in the black parts of Austin. L&N became a hit. Just as everyone expected it to.

Norene had a run in with Harris which was quite funny seeing how much Levi would get all grumpy. Norene did tell Harris she was married and he had respected it for the most part. But still made passes every now and then. Lord knows what will happen once Harris discovers that Levi is her husband. That will be something alright.

But all and all It was great to be doing all the things that she loved and get the opportunity to have all the things she desired before 40. But since she had her kids to watch she did give herself some down time from working strenuous hours. Her honey the business man taught her how to hold her own in the business world and she's been doing very well. As of today she did do some cooking but Ellis, who had come to work for her, took over as the head of the kitchen most days so she could handle her 18 month year old Lila.

Yes they already created baby number 3. Lila Kiara Brooks. She looked like her daddy too. But darker than Lucas. She was maybe a shade lighter than Ava.

Lila was a silly little one. Not a Mommy's girl like Ava. She was a little leaning towards a daddy's girl sort of like Lucas but not even close to as much.

Lucas loved coming to the restaurant because he loved to watch his mom cook but he was stuck to his daddy like glue most of the time. There were days Levi would literally walk around with the 3 year old latched on to his leg. Levi wouldn't even care it didn't bother him at all. He just walked around and did his business without a bother.

Norene could never. Truly she saluted Levi for being such a trooper. He really was strong enough for that.

She would probably crumble to the ground if Ava started holding on to her legs.

Speaking of her Levi. He's been doing so much for them. He's been such a great father. For such a busy business man he has had more than enough time for all them. And since the fight for civil rights began Levi was showing his face at more events. Unprovoked.

In fact he didn't tell Norene that's what he was doing but she found out and thought it was the cutest thing.

He would go out of town for them so they didn't get any heat back here in Austin for his participation. Norene admired the fact that he wanted this so bad. Beyond just her and their children. He was a very quiet man but he was not afraid to step up. He was so amazing.

He reads to the three kids every night. They love his story telling. Norene believes it's because they like his accent compared to her own. Her babies would probably develop accents eventually and she would be the only one without.

Lucas hung on to every word his father said. He was struck with admiration. It pleased Norene to see them two together. The kids even got a long very well. Ava the tyrant always getting Lucas into trouble and Lila trying to waddle her little feet to keep up with her big sister and big brother.

They were an adorable trio. Norene and Levi didn't expect to fall pregnant so soon after Lucas but they also weren't too surprised. Lila Just added more to their ever growing and loving family.