No. 41

Levi sat in the waiting room with his foot tapping continuously and a dark expression on his face. Impatient, stitched in a few spots, but he was beyond angry. So d*mn angry he couldn't talk because he didn't want to unleash that anger on the wrong person.

Every check in, the nurses were scared because he just looked out the the window with a stare of promise and hate for someone ...and they didn't want to be on the receiving end of it.

Levi was in this hospital too d*mn long. Anything could've happened by now and he wouldn't have known. He was fine. A few stitches were nothing neither were bruises or his slight headache.

It was all nothing compared to not knowing what the hell happened to Norene his mother and sister.

When Judah came to the hospital and got him Levi said nothing. He couldn't. His hands were shaking he was so mad.

Judah didn't ask questions at first he simply drove Levi back to Terrell. But he was in fact concerned about Levi and couldn't take the tense silence much longer. "Lee...I know I f*cked up bad with you but I still do care about you and I'm sorry for what I said about Norene. I was projecting my feelings on to her. I'll apologize to her as soon as we get to your mothers house."

Levi nodded in acknowledgment but was still silent. His leg bouncing impatiently as his eyes looked straight out the window in front of him with a dark and scary expression. "Really Lee...What's going on man?" Judah as wearily. Levi laughed a little looking at his knuckles. Ones he was sure would be bruised in a few hours.

Judah was nervous. Levi has been angry before but Judah had never heard Levi laugh during a time he was angry because Levi rarely laughed in the first place.

Who ever crossed him this bad had his days numbered. He only knew one person with enough power to get Levi this mad and that was Nicholas Brooks. Judah had no idea what had happened or what Nicholas had done to Levi now. But he knew that Nicholas was in deep trouble. Judah took that evil laugh as a cue that he would not press the conversation any longer.

He gulped focusing on the road and only that. Wherever Levi wanted to go he was going. And Judah had a feeling he knew exactly where they would end up.

____________

"They released him Collin." Dani sighed as the man 10 years her senior held the ice pack against her cheek. "That a**hole should be rotting in prison. Have you heard from Norene?" He inquired about his patient. Dani hung her head and nodded.

"She's home now... I wish I could've done more. I let him get to me...But most importantly I'm worried sick about Levi. I haven't heard a thing from him since that night. It's been nearly two days. Ouch." She hissed as her jaw had a sharp pain.

"Is it still throbbing?" He asked.

Dani shook her head. "I hope you're not lying...you do know I care about you Danielle." His brown eyes looked at her with concern. Dani looked away from him sharply. He knew and she knew the only reason she acted out sexually with other people was to make him jealous.

Collin was a older white man in his 30s. He didnt want Lily initially to get the wrong idea of him treating her daughter and grooming her. He wasn't that kind of guy. He couldn't deny the fact that Danielle was beautiful. She was goodness she was stunning. But besides their own spur of the moment kiss he had to shut their situation down.

He ended their potential relationship because she was too young and it could be too risky. Dani was heartbroken. So for the past 2 years she made sure to rub it in his face every time she had sex so he would have to check up on her as her doctor.