No. 13

Nori and Levi kept a comfortable distance from each other for the next two days

Nori and Levi kept a comfortable distance from each other for the next two days. It gave her time to process what she witnessed and bounce back into work.

She tried not to get antsy or nervous about what the weekend had to offer. In fact she just trained herself not to think about it at all.

When she was needed, she cooked. When she socialized, Greta and Georgia were readily around.

Diana was a little distant as of late but Norene didn't think too much into it. As of right now no one knew she and Levi planned to spend time together.

If she was to tell anyone she would tell Greta. Greta was who she knew to be trustworthy. Georgia was just accidental in her spoiling of secrets. Even though Georgia would not judge her it just felt scary telling people.

Being caught fooling around with a white man was serious stuff. Not something to be taken lightly.

And nothing Norene wanted to parade around as if it was a trophy. If anything it filled her with shame and she technically hasn't done anything...

Well besides grope him in the kitchen... but besides that nothing!

"Norene is there anything else you need for clean up tonight?" Georgia asked her. "No no. You go to bed I've got it from here." She smiled encouraging.

Georgia nodded before skipping off. Norene was just finishing the rest of the utensils used by Levi, Judah, and Ms. Lily.

She was just about done when she heard footsteps behind her. "Long time no see." She spoke with her back faced to him. A smile fighting its way on her face.

"You needed space." He responded as his steps came closer.

"Yeah I did." She finally turned around to look at him. He had his arms crossed as he leaned against the counter. It was a wonder how the man fit in anywhere. He was gigantic.

He nodded. "How early can you wake up?" He asked her. Norene pondered and thought about it. Maybe 4 so they could see the sunrise for 5 and then be back before 6 when everyone else would be about.

"Four AM." She replied. "Perfect." He took a step closer to her but Norene pressed her hand on his chest.

"Why do you keep coming closer?" She inquired. "You're playing a very dangerous game Brooks."

He chuckled. "Would it kill you to call me Levi?"

"Possibly." She shrugged stepping back from him. He didn't advance anymore. She was slightly disappointed only because she realized she liked the bantering.

Maybe that was why she liked him. He was a challenger. He liked to irritate you purposefully. She didn't think she would be into a man like that but he was definitely singing the right tunes to get her in his bed.