Epilogue

My second favorite Coldplay song goes beautifully with this chapter I know they don't have Coldplay in these times but it's such a cute song goes perfect with the mood😭😭

Honestly loved writing this book and am gonna miss making stories like this.

September 7th 1968
~ 12 years since Levi and Norene had came to be

Today was the day. The day she's been waiting for since she was a 27 year old in love. The day she could finally change her last name.

The day she became a Mrs. to the public.

Her wedding day.

Levi surprisingly had contributed a lot to the planning. She thought it was sweet that he had his own vision of their wedding day. Norene wanted it to be just as magical for him as it was for her.

And it would be. They made sure they both had the vision they wanted. Not something big but also not as small as their first marriage.

Levi and the men and Lucas were getting dressed in one room while Norene had all her girls with her in another.

She was being prepped by her bridesmaids. Greta, Dani, Georgia, and believe it or not, Penny.

Norene and Penny have gotten along better over the years. Penny grew and really put in the work to heal their fragmented relationships that broke because of jealousy and misunderstanding. She finally had a decent relationship with her sister. She was sure it was good for the both of them. She was truly happy to have her in her life again.

(Black sister love for the win sorry y'all I have two and I would die for them)

Penny would even come to Texas for a couple weeks once a year. Her kids were teens now and loved the trip. David and Penny were still going strong and Penny's new attitude helped their marriage.

Norene was happy for her. Penny was actually the one who pinned up her hair while Norene's kids, Ava, Nina, and Lila hung on to every word she said.

"And thats how I met and fell in love with your father." She concluded the kid friendly story of Norene and Levi.

"So you and daddy have been together without being married?" Lila asked a little confused Norene laughed as Greta lightly applied makeup on Norene's face while Dani checked her nails. "Yes and no. We got married in the eyes of God but not by the law no."

"So now you're getting married by law?" Ava interjected. "Yes because it's legal now." She laughed. "It's about time!" Ava dramatically put her hands on her hip as she smoothed her dress. Georgia snorted at the little girl. Ava was such a character. She probably would marry someone like her dad to mellow her out.

"Maybe Mr. Harris will stop flirting with you finally." Ava snorted. Norene gasped and all the ladies in the room started laughing. "Ava Lynn!"

Ava shrugged innocently. "What! Everyone knows it mommy. Daddy looks like he's going to explode every time Mr. Harris comes around. Always mumbled under his breath about Harris when he's at L & N's."

Norene face palmed. So outspoken. So much of her. Literally her child to a T.

"Maybe now that y'all will finally be Mr. and Mrs. he will leave you alone. Y'all took so long!"

Norene rolled her eyes at her mini-me. "Well Ms. Impatient there wasn't too much we could do now was there."

"Let's take the pins out her hair must be set by now." Georgia instructed. As she and Penny carefully took out the curls from Norene's hair a soft knock was heard on the other side of the door.