No. 51

Everyone's eyes widened and were locked on Norene and the baby. Norene awkwardly readjusted Ava while simultaneously looking at everyone with confusion.

"I'm sorry...am I interrupting something?" She awkwardly laughed. "No actually..You may want to stay." Franklin murmured. Norene looked to Levi who took her hand and sat her on his lap. This let her know that it was okay to
be around.

Eva was shooting daggers with her eyes. Completely different from the meek and sad lady she met before. Now Norene didn't feel as bad for sleeping with Levi.

"Um...hello. I'm Franklin Stanford. The late Nicholas's lawyer. Is what you said true? Is this Levi's daughter?" Franklin asked softly.

Norene's eyes darted to Levi for what she should say. He nodded and squeezed her hand. "Yes...have I done something wrong?"

Franklin dryly laughed. "Maybe for Eva but you've done something right for Levi. He can earn his inheritance if he produces an heir." Norene looked at Ava holding her a little closer.

"And this little one does the the trick ma'am." He pointed at the baby.

"Can you prove it's his? Levi is a safe lover I would know." Eva sneered with tears in her eyes and hands shaking. He wouldn't do something as stupid as procreate with a black. "Would you like live broadcasting of me f*cking her to make my daughter Frank? She's mine. I clearly remember the day I conceived her." Levi crossed his arms with a raging attitude.

Norene's face heat up. Yeah... she remembered too.

"There is a reason he was safe with you psychotic b*tch." Dani mumbled. Eva shot her a nasty look before desperately refocusing on Franklin.

"She is his Frank. Honest." Lily looked at the man. Frank looked longer at Lily and she gave him a soft nod of the head. He sighed closing his brown eyes and nodding back. "I f*cking told you." Levi rolled his eyes. Norene pinched him lightly.

Franklin held his hand up in surrender. "I believe you." Franklin looked at the little baby and the protective mother who was eyeing the ex wife like a threat.

"This can't...no Nicholas wouldn't want this. He wouldn't." Evas cheeks were stained with tears. "It doesn't matter what he wants. Levi has an heir. He has a child. A little girl. That's all he needed to get his inheritance." Lily spoke up.

"She never said anything about a child." Eva whispered under her breath as her face turned red. 

"Well this changes everything." Franklin clapped and smoothed his suit. Dani pursed her lips in satisfaction. "But Nicholas wouldn't want a black grandchild!" Eva shouted.

"Technically Nicholas didn't specify the race of the heir or who he conceives with." Franklin added as he place the end of the pen in his mouth. Eva stood up and paced.

"He doesn't even want them together! He was livid!" Eva cried. Everyone in the room froze Norene included. Norene calmly stood up and stepped back.

Levi's eyes darkened with anger. "What did you say?"

"Adrienne saw you at the debutante event and came to me. I went to your father and he disapproved! You cannot let this pass Franklin it would be a dishonor to the deceased!"

"It was you..." Norene whispered. Her hands shaking as she held Ava. "You told him."

"Yes because it's wrong. Levi was my husband! Nicholas needed to know so he could stop Levi from making a big mistake. But now he already has! He mixed blood." Eva cluelessly aspirated.