Movie Mayhem

"HOLY FUDGE CAKES!" I gasp while watching the Lazarus Effect trailer on Jack G's phone. "This looks horrifying!"

"Duh," Jack G smirks. "It'll be fun!"

"There are tons of pop out parts and it'll especially scare you half to death when-" Carter starts to say but Shawn elbows him and then puts his arm around me.

"Stop trying to scare Lex," Shawn scolds before turning towards me. "Just ignore him."

"I already was," I giggle, causing Carter to cross his arms and roll his eyes.

When our car pulls up to the theater, we all pile out and then sprint into the building.

"How many tickets?" the lady at the register asks. We answer her and then pay and accept our tickets.

"We should do one soda/popcorn for every two people," Cameron suggests.

"Looks like you're stuck with someone else because I have Shea," Nash smirks as Cameron glares at him.

"You're ditching me!" he pouts. "This isn't fair!"

"Just share with Matt or something," Nash shrugs. "Sorry, dude."

"Okay, whatever, but Shawn and I'll share," I speak up.

"Alright, let's go," Shawn agrees. "We'll meet you guys in the theater room we're in. Whoever gets there first though needs to save everyone seats."

He grabs my hand and then we walk over to the counter to get some food.

"What do you want, Lex? My treat," Shawn smiles.

"Are you sure?" I ask and he nods. "Okay, can I have some skittles?"

He agrees and then turns towards the worker at the counter. "Can we please have one large popcorn, two skittles, and a soda?"

When the worker hands us our stuff, I take the cup. "What kind of soda do you want me to fill our drink up with?"

"Hmm," Shawn thinks for a moment. "Let's just keep it simple and get Coke."

I nod and then fill up our cup. By the time it's filled up, Shawn is holding our food and we're ready to go.

"Ready?" he asks as we start walking to the theater room.

"Honestly, no not really. But maybe I am. I don't know," I laugh. "Maybe the movie won't be too scary."

"If it is, I'm right next to you," Shawn winks.

We walk into the room and see that it's pretty dark. Looking around, I finally see everyone in the back row. Previews for the movies just started.

I race up there and then move down so then Shawn can sit between me and Matt. That leaves me sitting by some stranger.

"Excuse me, but do you have any extra napkins?" the guy asks. He has blonde hair and bright blue eyes. He's very attractive.

"Yeah," I smile while handing him a few.

"Thanks," he responds while winking at me. "So, what's your name? I'm Liam. "

"Lexie," I explain and shake his hand which was extended.

"So you come here often?" Liam chuckles.

Out of the corner of my eye I can see Shawn immediately tense up.

"Not really. Everything is super pricey," I remind him. "I'd rather stay at home and watch a movie on Netflix and eat candy that I got from the dollar store. But it is fun to go to the movies every once in a while."